Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

What Happend to the Forums?!?!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

What happend?

Last night, on March 14th, our wonderful community forum has been hacked and destoryed. :(

The most horrible news is that all messages (public, private and inbox) has been lost. Even though we had backed up all the messages on a regular basis, the hacker deleted the message database so we could not restore the messages. I am EXTREMELY sorry and upset that all your messages have been lost. Also you will have to upload your avatars again.

We do have some good news... The Photo Albums were not touched, I just have to get them back online again. Also your member information (log in, number of posts, profile) is all there still.

This is almost the worst thing that could have happend to our community. I and the members of this community call upon YOUR HELP to restore our wonderful friendly, useful and helpful community. Please help by reposting/posting messages that were lost you felt were valuable to our community.

Spread the word and help us rebuild. We need everyones help.

Thank you for making our community forum such a great place to come and keep coming back to.

I am confident that the community will pull together and do everything they can to bring back the community. :D

The forum has been upgrade to incorporate the latest in software and security to prevent this from happening again anytime soon.

The internet is a wonderful place filled with great people, unfortunately there will always be those who wish to destory and do others harm.

Have a great day and thank you for helping to rebuild the Total Motorcycle community to be even bigger and better than ever before!!

The Staff and moderators at Total Motorcycle
Last edited by totalmotorcycle on Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by Scott58 »

Lets get the ball rolling again.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#3 Unread post by scan »

Thanks Mike!

Sorry we had to go through this, but I think we'll get things back in order.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thank you for your help and support. I and the whole community REALLY apprecaite your efforts.

Thank you from my heart.

Mike.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by JCS »

Any chance at all of locating the hackers and taking legal action?
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JCS wrote:Any chance at all of locating the hackers and taking legal action?
All we know is what they left "Mr. 1337" behind. :(

So if Mr. 1337 is reading this post, I don't know why you choose our community to destory, but you hurt a lot of great people (is this community) with your actions. Mr. 1337, please make our community the last one you destory and start using your programing skills for productive uses and the positive advancement of the internet.

Mike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

UPDATE #1: I have fixed the avatar issue. You do not have to again upload your avatars as they are (all) there.

Mike.

Noel
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Noel »

I haven't been to this site for 3 months - been too buisy riding.
Not to offend but I think that the info being attacked and savataged is a conspiracy and that there was not enough room to store all the posts and a clean slate in the memory banks was needed for the survival of the total motorcyle forums. In any case I'm a bit excited as this is a new start and I'm just excited for some reason. Please don't be offended by this post - it was just on my mind in my working memory/fontal lobe/whatever and I type what is on my mind.
YEEha
big bore

MASHBY
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2012 Harley ElectraGlide

#9 Unread post by MASHBY »

It is a great shame that this happened.But like the phoenix we will rise up out of the Ashes and go on to be bigger and better than before.

Four Wheels Good Two Wheels Better

Noel
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by Noel »

Mashby.....I remeber that name - it's all coming back to me like it was yesterday when I was a frequenter of this site.
It's true that this site will grow stronger now. "We", were hit by a cruise missle that was pin point targeted by a planted targeting device. Anyway this was a war - and war serves to make people rebuild and makes economies stronger and grow. Maybe that's why Beorge Rush set war upon Iraq or why other countries have waged war - so as to conquer and expand their empires - use the force Luke. War equlas rebuilding and therefore better, newer buildings and a newer total motorcyle forum.
Mashby sounds like the name of a fluffy toy you win from a machine.
big bore