stit40
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 27
My Motorcycle: 1997 vfr 750 honda

Re: How fast is too fast ?

#11 Unread post by stit40 »

For some strange reason i cant seem to crack the 200kph mark, i have been to 195kph a few times but just cant bring myself to go any further, so as it stands 195kkph seem to be my limit ( for now ) bike feel fine, just the rider has an issue. lol.

alivErtom
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by alivErtom »

I like the Honda company motorcycle. It is the best because it is very longevity. This is the world class.

(Spam link removed)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Hmmm, I'm glad I've got a naked bike; built in speed limiter.

I've taken my bike to 170-180kph just to see how she feels. Bike's got no problems, but my chest really takes a pounding at that speed. No interest in doing it on a regular basis.
"I'm glad I've got a naked bike; built in speed limiter."

LOL. So very true. I love naked bikes myself and all of my bikes but 1 I've either had no windscreen to removed the windscreen if it had it. Nothing like feeling the wind in one's face (although I do wear a full face helmet). The neck muscles really get a great workout riding a naked bike on the highway.

With a full fairing motorycle you can easily go faster, but the feeling of speed isn't the same IMO...

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#14 Unread post by sunshine229 »

When I finally got passed my break-in period on my '06 Z750S I really just wanted to open 'er up... so I did! I was on a straight prairie road and did momentarily hit 170 km/hr but that was much too fast for me to stay at (although I loved the moment!).

In general I don't like to see greater than 130 km/hr on my speedo, and typically I'm within 10 km/hr of the speed limit anyways.
Andrea :sun:

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#15 Unread post by sapaul »

My R850R speedo goes over to 220, :motorcycle1:

when I checked the GPS :oops!:

176 kmh :jawdrop:

But it is naked with a little screen and does appear to go faster than it is, plus it is loud as hell.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sapaul wrote:My R850R speedo goes over to 220, :motorcycle1:

when I checked the GPS :oops!:

176 kmh :jawdrop:

But it is naked with a little screen and does appear to go faster than it is, plus it is loud as hell.

Speedo Error:

On my Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, it was off 8%, from what I know if it's off by more than 10% you can take it to the dealer and have it fixed (for free) as by law it can't exceed 10%.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#17 Unread post by sapaul »

Ha Ha, you made a funny Mike. Little things like that just don't apply here. That's like telling the Nigerians that they have to wear helmets. So every day they eat their water melon and make two new ones. In my case BMW would have no problem fixing it, but man, the bill would mean I would have to sell my house.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#18 Unread post by JC Viper »

Even though the GPz900R was only capable of 150MPH I was able to take it to 160MPH (GPS as the speedo cable had broken a while back) with some throttle/ revs left. I think the guy who owned the bike before me modified it more than I knew about but it fuels perfectly and is steady until 130MPH (no vibrations or wind pressure).
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#19 Unread post by jaskc78 »

I've been up to 125mph twice on I-10, both times were to get away from idiot drivers that I felt put me in danger. I accelerated heavy on the R1, got away from the unsafe situation, and then slowed back down to a reasonable speed. That's with a speedo-healer on it, too, so I figure that's pretty close to spot on.

I'll do 100mph fairly often when there's no traffic or very light traffic, but considering that most traffic flows around 70-80mph I don't feel that I'm putting anyone at undue risk and will slow down if traffic picks up. While riding back to Tucson on Christmas day 2009 on my 636, myself and a car were doing 95-100 almost the entire way from Phoenix to Tucson (107mph indicated). I stayed in back and that helped to alleviate much of my worry about being cut-off or not being seen as I approached traffic. We had to slow several times for traffic, but as soon as we got through we were right back up there again.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sapaul wrote:Ha Ha, you made a funny Mike. Little things like that just don't apply here. That's like telling the Nigerians that they have to wear helmets. So every day they eat their water melon and make two new ones. In my case BMW would have no problem fixing it, but man, the bill would mean I would have to sell my house.
There was a sticker available to correct it years ago (from a 3rd party on the net) and a corrected speedo plate (again 3rd party)... I don't mind the speedo saying faster as if I'm doing 5-10km over the limit as least I'm not speeding... haha.

Mike