Marvin
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Safety at a Harley Biker Bar

#1 Unread post by Marvin »

When I pull into the parking lot riding my Japanese Scooter of the local HD Biker Bar should I park next to the full custom HD, or should I park next to the std. 883 HD Sportster?
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2010 HD sportster XL1200 custom

Re: Saftey at a Harley Biker Bar

#2 Unread post by dirt dobber »

when i go i park where there is a empty space. what ever is there don't matter to me. i can brag, mine is paid for.

Marvin
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by Marvin »

I have learned from past experiences that many HD Owners take offence of a "rice burner" parked next to their HD, and I kinda figured that maybe a HD beginner or woman owns a HD 883 Sportster and they wouldn't get mad if I parked next to their bike.
2009 Yamaha TMAX

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Meh, park where-ever. If they start to give you crap, give it right back and most will start laughing and probably buy you a beer!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

JVRR
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

#5 Unread post by JVRR »

I will park where I want. I will help them talk about their insecurities if they need to.

If they decide talking is not enough, I'm probably screwed. :mrgreen:

But maybe I won't go to a biker bar unless I am packing :wink:.
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#6 Unread post by JC Viper »

Never had that problem with the Vulcan or my current ride. I would usually just find a nice quiet spot though but usually some of the Harley guys would point out any space left should I pull up while they're around. I would just get off the bike with confidence and acknowledge them and be on my way. Not bad considering there are still Hell's Angels in NYC.

I guess you could find an empty spot somewhere else but nothing too out of the way. Many of these riders nowadays are working professionals who dress like an outlaw on weekends.

Heck, if it wasn't for those Harley biker guys I probably wouldn't have thought about a motorcycle. At 13 cruising home on my BMX after stunting I was cruising down a hill and a "bad Ar$e" Harley rider was coming to a stop and we both were cruising at the same speed and he gave me the thumbs up. I felt like I was a part of something awesome.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#7 Unread post by sapaul »

Marvin wrote:When I pull into the parking lot riding my Japanese Scooter of the local HD Biker Bar should I park next to the full custom HD, or should I park next to the std. 883 HD Sportster?
Park where you like, just make sure you have enough money for the first round :lol:
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Marvin
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by Marvin »

There is this roadside bar close to where I live and I like to stop there on the way home for the food, not the beer, and on most weekends its always filled with HD Bikers, some HD Bikers are friendly, some are not, there's a big window where they can see what type of bike is pulling into the parking lot, so I can't hide what I ride. Then when I walk in I sometimes get harrassed about my "rice burner" they will make childish sounds like "ding-ding-ding" and ask me if I am buying rice to pour in the gas tank. I just simply tell them at least my bike doesn't break down and burn oil out the exhaust, then some will make it an issue that I parked my Japanese bike next to their HD and that offended them. They make a lame excuse that if my bike falls over it might fall on their HD. They are just picking for a fight, they just have to prove to everybody else they are a tough guy just because they ride a HD
2009 Yamaha TMAX

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#9 Unread post by JC Viper »

Then I guess empty spot away from them it is or find a better bar with food. As long as it doesn't get physical then it can be brushed off. If you know the bar owners well then maybe they'd do something to prevent losing a customer. If it's in its own spot and not in anyone's way then there shouldn't be a problem. If it's still a problem then a nice anonymous noise complaint about said bar is a nice get back.

I'm mostly passive but was also trained unarmed combat as long as they're not packing so I just park wherever I'm allowed to park by local establishment and space boundaries with little hesitation. Verbal harassment I just accept though I vent online and take out anger on various objects.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

Marvin wrote:There is this roadside bar close to where I live and I like to stop there on the way home for the food, not the beer, and on most weekends its always filled with HD Bikers, some HD Bikers are friendly, some are not, there's a big window where they can see what type of bike is pulling into the parking lot, so I can't hide what I ride. Then when I walk in I sometimes get harrassed about my "rice burner" they will make childish sounds like "ding-ding-ding" and ask me if I am buying rice to pour in the gas tank. I just simply tell them at least my bike doesn't break down and burn oil out the exhaust, then some will make it an issue that I parked my Japanese bike next to their HD and that offended them. They make a lame excuse that if my bike falls over it might fall on their HD. They are just picking for a fight, they just have to prove to everybody else they are a tough guy just because they ride a HD
Ah, so there's the reason for all the angst. Quelle surprise.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride