High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: Saftey at a Harley Biker Bar

#11 Unread post by High_Side »

I sometimes roll in with a group of the "big scary Harley riders" while on my "rice burner" (well it's Austrian made so no rice is required)and my wife on her Ducati (pasta burner?). They are the most real-deal "bikers" that I know and might look intimidating to someone who has seen too many movies, but in reality they know far more about riding and bikes than the average motorcyclist. Some of them even keep a sport bike around as an alternative ride because they are passionate about riding and they can appreciate all kinds of rides.

I suspect that you are being singled out for your nervousness or insecurity when you walk through the door. You are likely reading WAY too much in the whole thing. :mrgreen:

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#12 Unread post by Marvin »

High_Side wrote:I sometimes roll in with a group of the "big scary Harley riders" while on my "rice burner" (well it's Austrian made so no rice is required)and my wife on her Ducati (pasta burner?). They are the most real-deal "bikers" that I know and might look intimidating to someone who has seen too many movies, but in reality they know far more about riding and bikes than the average motorcyclist. Some of them even keep a sport bike around as an alternative ride because they are passionate about riding and they can appreciate all kinds of rides.

I suspect that you are being singled out for your nervousness or insecurity when you walk through the door. You are likely reading WAY too much in the whole thing. :mrgreen:
No I am not nervous or have any insecurity, I have no pride, I fear no man! No other Japanese bike stop cause they have pride, I like to use the word "agitate" I just want to prove something to myself, I want some excitement and I like to predict what they say.
I look at that bar as my home territory and I don't like outsiders there, the bar owner likes the business, he pretends to be nice and friendly to everybody, he has too, I don't!
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#13 Unread post by flw »

Either ignore it which is what I would do first or give it back to them while going to your table.

"Buying rice to put in that, No oil for yours to leak all over the parking lot" Its a sore spot amoung all Harley owners of age that remember the AFM Harely's (what a joke).

Don't make a stand just stand up for you. So ignore or verbally push back. Most bullies will continue until they get real resistance. You can also talk to the bartender during the week about being harassed and what they are willing to do about it. You are paying them and not the other way around.

Just my 2 cents.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Gummiente
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#14 Unread post by Gummiente »

flw wrote:Its a sore spot amoung all Harley owners of age that remember the AFM Harely's (what a joke).
AMF, not AFM. AMF = American Machine and Foundry
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#15 Unread post by JC Viper »

Gummiente wrote:
flw wrote:Its a sore spot amoung all Harley owners of age that remember the AFM Harely's (what a joke).
AMF, not AFM. AMF = American Machine and Foundry
Every time I see that name I think "Bowling Alley" (which I know they own) and couldn't picture them owning H-D or running it.

Anyhow, people in a group tend to be a little obnoxious, plus since alcohol is involved well...
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#16 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Marvin, park where you want, enjoy your food and then go home. How hard is that?

We all get eye balled by the biker dudes. Just smile and keep your mouth shut instead of trying to pick a confrontation.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#17 Unread post by Wrider »

blues2cruise wrote:Marvin, park where you want, enjoy your food and then go home. How hard is that?

We all get eye balled by the biker dudes. Just smile and keep your mouth shut instead of trying to pick a confrontation.
Yeah but you get it for a completely different reason! :laughing:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#18 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Wrider wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Marvin, park where you want, enjoy your food and then go home. How hard is that?

Yeah but you get it for a completely different reason! :laughing:
:shock: :laughing:

JVRR
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

#19 Unread post by JVRR »

I think you need to look at this like prison. You need to make an example of someone, just once, then they will leave you alone?
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JC Viper wrote:AMF, not AFM. AMF = American Machine and Foundry
Every time I see that name I think "Bowling Alley" (which I know they own) and couldn't picture them owning H-D or running it. [/quote]

LOL.. is that true? AMF that used to own Harley-Davidson is the same AMF that owns Bowling Alleys? I bowl 5 and 10 pin and never made the connection. !

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.