Stupid fat feet

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: Stupid fat feet

#11 Unread post by roscowgo »

I do have a little aside to wrider though. My tires are about shot. I've got a 404 on the rear and a mt66 on the front. They both seem to do just fine handling wise. I'm even out to the edge of the 66. The 404 has like an inch of tread that never gets touched. Even on WV roads. My feet and then boards start Scrrrrrrrrrriching a long way before the edge.

What tire do you recommend for the c50? Should I look for something narrower?

The venom in the stock 170/80-15 should fit, I haven't tried avons before.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#12 Unread post by Wrider »

Avons have a pretty good reputation for cruisers, and honestly any tire will hold grip long past floorboard scraping. I would suggest (like I always do) to get front and back the same because the profiles are designed to work in partnership.
Haven't checked out cruiser specific tires in a while... I'm gonna go do that now... lol
Oh and the 404s work great as well, I've seen them on many bikes and people swear by them. I just prefer radial tires over bias for the extra performance and safety (IMO) they offer.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#13 Unread post by roscowgo »

Yeah the current 404 on there has done absolutely fine. The MT66 up front showed up slick as snot though. I locked up the front twice within the first mile. :shock: I don't go fast most of the time. Just aint that much into haulin "O Ring" generally.

I think I've got 7-8k on the 404, and probably 5-6 on the front. Ooooooodles of tread left past center. I just don't feel comfy getting to it when I start dragging stuff.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#14 Unread post by Wrider »

Yeah I'd go ahead and replace both if you don't like the front anyway! I've heard love it or hate it reviews on the MT66s. Most like it, but then there are the others who claim they're slicker than snot. I say to heck with it and get yourself both new 404s or some Venoms (with white wall of course).
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#15 Unread post by roscowgo »

They were slick when I got them way back when. Just an extra dose of the slick new tire syndrome. They've performed well after being scrubbed in.