Marvin
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Re: Need endurance for long rides - need suggestions

#11 Unread post by Marvin »

I agree exersize, but the best is build up a set of 6 pack abs, when you have muscles in the front of your stomach it takes away the force of your back muscles supporting your upper weight, get a simple small wheel and axle and get on the floor like your doing push-ups, but on ur knees instead of your toes and hold both ends of the axle with your hands and do push ups as the wheel turns away and toward you, it will hurt at first but after a while it will be easy, but do it without coming full down on the floor, plus you'll look good with no shirt on and the women will want to have sex with you.
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#12 Unread post by Johnj »

Sound too much like work. I'll ride my bike instead.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

1poser
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: 06 Ducati MultiStrada D 620

#13 Unread post by 1poser »

Well flw, you've got a handfull of good advice here and I'll ditto Gummiente, Lion Lady, JC Viper and sapaul.

I'm 53 and mind-set is what's got me through the IBA (Iron Butt Association) 1500 miles in 24hrs and the 50CC (IBA allows 50 hrs coast to coast) I did it from San Diego, CA to Atlantic Beach, FL in 38hrs. All of what was said about fitness, diet, clothing, comfort and rest are all important, but being the most fit, correctly geared up and the best of comfortable accessories won't do any good without the proper mind-set and will power. The power of the mind has willed me to finish my second 1500 miles in 24hrs.

You get to know who you are when riding and riding long distances REALLY get's you connected. Do the 200 miles, then 300 miles, then 500 miles in 8hrs then see if this is really meant for you, if so, go for 700 miles in 12hrs. Your Goldwing is plenty plush and made for long distances so it's a matter of getting your mind-set into this.

Here's my current ride;

Ducatti 620D Multi Strada

ENJOY THE RIDE!
70 Honda 50CC Minibike
72 Honda Trail 70
74 Honda CR125
75 Kawasaki 500 MachIII
95 Kawasaki Ninja 600
98 Honda Valkyrie
00 Honda XRL650
01 Honda Goldwing GL1800
03 Yamaha FJR1300