mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: What did you do today...

#3951 Unread post by mogster »

Was supposed to go to bike show with fella but he had to work :( so I went out myself.
Got slightly lost on route to bike event but found myself enroute to Sammy Miller's motorcycle museum, result! :lol:

Turned out they had a mini British Bike show. :uk:. I initially parked up away from display as I didn't think my S3 qualified as most bikes were classics. Couple of old boys told me not to be silly & insisted I park up with the other British Bikes.

Lovely laid back atmosphere & so friendly. Well worth a visit if you find yourself in New Forest.

Came back via Mudeford quay & got chatting to a lovely couple. Then bumped into really good mate who was there with mates on a couple of old scooters.

Home now & sat in back garden, & it's still really hot at 1800hrs! :sunshine:

Going to start going out more on my own as then I actually mingle :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

zee
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2006 Suzuki GS500F

#3952 Unread post by zee »

zee wrote:Just came home from the airport. Picked up our eldest, on home for R&R from a year-long deployment overseas. Five months since we've seen him... SO SO SO wonderful to have him home, and to be able to give him a hug. :hug:

Sometimes it's the little things in life.
Dropped him off this morning. Miss him already. :cry:

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3953 Unread post by agraebner »

I went and picked up the replacement for the hole left from the shadow leaving.
magna2 (2).jpg
magna2 (2).jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
22k miles, runs great newish tires, fresh tune up and oil. There are only two things to do with her one the seat is in the trash can in my garage. The pan was trash and not even for a magna. does anyone know if the one piece seats from other years will fit the 84 700 magna?? I would rather replace it with one of those if i could as they are easier to find. (read cheaper and more options) The other issue Is leaking valve covers and I already have them and the grommets in the mail
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3954 Unread post by High_Side »

agraebner wrote: does anyone know if the one piece seats from other years will fit the 84 700 magna??
'82-'84 should work, '85-'86 might work and '87 and later are likely a no.

agraebner
Elite
Elite

#3955 Unread post by agraebner »

Thanks high side. My bike was supposed to have the NEW great idea two piece design. I already took of the bolted on brackets and it receives the one piece seat nicely. Fellow down the road has an 83 let me slip it on to make sure. LIKE A GLOVE. I am thinking i might just jump at the cushy looking saddleman seat with the two big buckets. Most places look like $100 used add price for cover might as well buy the Saddleman seat new.
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3956 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, let's see...

First Impressions: 2012 EBR 1190RS

First impressions are critical for any new company. Meet the 2012 EBR 1190RS is it good? 1190cc, 175 horsepower, 97 ft-lbs torque, 389 lbs wet. The only problem, only 100 will be made. New 2012 EBR RX, SX, AX models to come. 2012 EBR Motorcycle Models

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Racing.htm

EBR (Erik Buell Racing) and Total Motorcycle

EBR and Total Motorcycle are pleased to announce a media/press affiliation agreement. EBR is Erik Buell's new motorcycle company designed to make a real difference. All American with no one looking over their shoulder. Now you can read and learn much more about them on Total Motorcycle. Welcome EBR to Total Motorcycle! More

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/EBR-Erik ... Guides.htm

Of course this also meant changing a hundred pages to reflect the new changes (addition of EBR) plus I have to up date the template still (that's another 9000 pages tomorrow or Friday).

:D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3957 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Updating the TMW Motorcycle Fuel Guide Version 3.0. Could I get everyone to add their MPG data here?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5475

Thanks!!

Also working on a 1280x1024 design for Total Motorcycle here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/test1280.htm

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

kennyp46
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2007 Honda Shadow Sabre

#3958 Unread post by kennyp46 »

Washed and chamoised my Honda Shadow

agraebner
Elite
Elite

#3959 Unread post by agraebner »

I spent a few hours cleaning up my new to me magna shes running pretty good now. I have a borrowed seat from a guy who was not using his till i van find what i want in a seat. Got everything lubes and adjusted ect. battery fully charged and tested as well as checking the charging system. I am waiting on valve cover gasket sett to get here then its of to motor vehicle for a registration..

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3960 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'll be taking the afternoon off (leaving at NOON) and going down the CELEBRATE Canada Day at Trafalgar Square in Central London: http://www.canadadaylondon.com/ . This will be our 3rd Canada Day at Trafalgar Square celebration, last year it was the 2nd biggest outside of Canada (1st biggest is in the USA).