Q: Free TMW stickers for SASE or $5 donation?

Free TMW stickers for SASE or $5 donation?

I'd SASE for free stickers
No votes
I would rather give a $5 donation and have you mail them to me
100%
Your Suggestion (please suggest)
No votes

Total votes: 7

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Q: Free TMW stickers for SASE or $5 donation?

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

My plan is to make up some FREE Total Motorcycle stickers to give away to those who would like some (professionally done of coruse) and I am looking at some possibilites:

1. How willing would you be to send a self addressed stamped envelope in exchange for a couple of free TMW stickers?

2. Would you rather I mail the free TMW stickers to you in exhange for a $5 donation?

3. Your suggestion. (no, I can't afford free stickers and free shipping, after all, the site is free already).

The goal would be to get some great TMW stickers out there to share with friends or put on your bike or your toolbox or stick on a sign ect.

Suggestions and opinions wanted!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

Re: Q: Free TMW stickers for SASE or $5 donation?

#2 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Donation--I'm horrible about actually mailing things out and who wouldn't want to start selling stickers online to pay for his more risque hobbies?
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jaskc78 wrote:Donation--I'm horrible about actually mailing things out and who wouldn't want to start selling stickers online to pay for his more risque hobbies?
True that, but TMW has never been about profit (or making money first unlike almost every site out there), I do it to support motorcycling and motorcyclists worldwide figuring if TMW can help milllions then it would be beneficial to us all rather than just to me.

I don't mind giving the stickers away free (which would be at a loss) but the donation would be towards shipping and handling and say up to 5 stickers at no cost.

In the next week I'll be getting the order ready to be printed. I'll put some logos up and you can decide which one(s) you like as a sticker the best. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#4 Unread post by flw »

Any chance of either lapel pin for my riding jacket or a long sleeve shirt or sweat shirt?

Not for the same price but would add some practicality to the donation. I have no problem putting in some $$. I know stickers are easier to sell but I don't like putting stickers on my cage. Maybe a $5 donation with option for you to keep the sticker.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

flw wrote:Any chance of either lapel pin for my riding jacket or a long sleeve shirt or sweat shirt?

Not for the same price but would add some practicality to the donation. I have no problem putting in some $$. I know stickers are easier to sell but I don't like putting stickers on my cage. Maybe a $5 donation with option for you to keep the sticker.
I can look into a lapel pin, I haven't thought about it before but it is a good idea considering I even have a few myself! I can understand not wanting to put stickers on your cage, I was thinking sticking them in other places (no, don't go there) like on the tool box or around the garage, house, laptop, road sign, you name it. Consider them "where would be cool to stick this stickers". :D

Let me look into the lapel thing...

Mike

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#6 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I would make a donation for lapel and stickers. I might even add more if it gets your monitor raised to a higher level....
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#7 Unread post by Thumper »

I'm a t-shirt kind of person and rarely put stickers on anything, but were I inclined, I would rather donate...

Weren't there t-shirts at some point? I could really go for a brightly colored TMW t-shirt...

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#8 Unread post by flw »

No matter what token is given, an option of a traditional donation should be included for those that just want to give. Just my 2 cents ---That's a Joke.
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#9 Unread post by zeligman »

I think some 'swag' for any donation might be a nice addition - ppl can donate whatever amount and it earns them some 'appreciative swag' :D
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

Donation is the way to go. I know it's not about profits, but it's also not about a completely free ride either. I love the way you've handled the structure of your site, but I would have gotten a donation before giving full access to the site. Not a huge amount, but to either get an ad free version, or just complete access... Good thing it's not my site eh???!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"