zee
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2006 Suzuki GS500F

Re: What did you do today...

#3991 Unread post by zee »

mogster wrote:Met up with daughter ¤2 today. Hadn't seen her for 5 months as she had been away on post uni travels (SE Asia, 0z,NZ ).

So so good to see her & have a hug!! :D :D
Fabulous!!

I just came home from Ride For Life 2011, a biker event benefiting Cancer Patient Care. I joined one of the shorter rides, only about 100 miles total round trip from my home. Beautiful weather, a great ride, yummy BBQ and I even got to make a few new friends. Most of the participants are Harley riders, so I was in the minority on my lil 500, but I'm pretty sure our entire group of sport bike/sport touring bikes had a good time.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#3992 Unread post by ofblong »

ugh so tempting to get a new 2011 Night Rod.... Must...... Pay...... Down........ Debt..........

Ugh I hate decisions lol.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#3993 Unread post by jstark47 »

ofblong wrote:ugh so tempting to get a new 2011 Night Rod.... Must...... Pay...... Down........ Debt..........

Simple. Sell house, live in tent, eat hot dogs and beans for three years, buy Night Rod. There! Wasn't that easy?? :mrgreen:

I'm not big into Harleys, but I gotta admit, those are pretty sick looking :drool: And less $$$ than I thought....
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3994 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Still working on the Motorcycle MPG Fuel Economy Guide. It's massive!!! 5100 bikes from 1934 to day with historcial photos for each year.

Should be done (hopefully) by the weekend...

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#3995 Unread post by ofblong »

jstark47 wrote:
ofblong wrote:ugh so tempting to get a new 2011 Night Rod.... Must...... Pay...... Down........ Debt..........

Simple. Sell house, live in tent, eat hot dogs and beans for three years, buy Night Rod. There! Wasn't that easy?? :mrgreen:

I'm not big into Harleys, but I gotta admit, those are pretty sick looking :drool: And less $$$ than I thought....

LOL My house payment is only $100/month more than financing one of these bikes for 5 years. To be honest I have been looking at bikes and this is the only "new" one that appeals to me. I like the old multistrada (the 1000) but the new ones are fugly looking. I dunno I guess I am extremely picky.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#3996 Unread post by mogster »

Have just put some dubbing onto my bike boots as they were looking a bit scruffy. I think that's the first time I have done that since I bought them (5yrs)! Does that make me very lazy or the boots (Daytona) really good? :?

Going away tomorrow for a couple of days & looks like we will hit some rain on the way :rainyday:

However forecast for Sat & Sun looks ok :sunshine:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3997 Unread post by ceemes »

Had the pleasure of actually catching up with a homicidal cager in a parking lot and giving him a piece of my mind. First the silly bugger changes into my lane and as an after thought (after I've braked hard and hit my horn) turned on his turn signal when he was half way into my lane. Then I spot the buugger yakking on a hand held cell phone while driving thru heavy traffic. He turned into a local mall and I followed him in and parked behind him, and when he got out, gave him a blast. He was around the same age as me, so should of known better. Got an apology from him.
Always ask why.

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3998 Unread post by agraebner »

AHHH disappointment. My saddleman seat showed up today. I opened it up mounted the brackets from my old seat and they had the holes off by more than an inch too close together. After talking with Saddleman they would make good on it but in 2-3 months by the time I have my seat back on the bike........ so its going back on the brown truck tomorrow. Dennis kirk is not going to refund the chipping either :rant: I can see shipping being my responsibility if i made a mistake and ordered the wrong thing....... but this just doesn't work so I get to pay oversize shipping 2x. All this and it was almost 100 and humid today.
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#3999 Unread post by Hondagirl »

Well I just went on the most amazing ride :)
First, I took my bike to Red Baron -my bike place- and got an oil change, air in tires, chain lubed and ignition keyhole oiled as the key was being a little temperamental recently..and got an A+ bill of health for my bike from the best.

All for 610 yen btw ($7 USD) :D

Then the engine felt soooo smooth - I just had to go for a ride out of town. Went out via the rice paddy fields and up into the line of 7 mountains that surround town and zigzag rode at high speed - impossible in town- some awesome meandering hilly roads that were almost empty. So peaceful. Drove through a tiny hamlet where a child in the field with his farmer Mom waved to me. The sky was dark and heavy with rain clouds but beautiful, wish I had thought to bring my camera. Just made me realize yet again how a spontaneous ride can be the best therapy of all and how lucky and glad I am I have a bike. This bike especially.
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4000 Unread post by Wrider »

Slapped a new Yoshimura TRC stainless exhaust onto my sister's Ninja 250. Sounds/looks/performs better than stock. Also put in the quiet insert so it wasn't as loud.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha