Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

Re: Rider Down, Daughter Witnessed it..

#11 Unread post by Brackstone »

agraebner wrote:This is all pretty normal around me. A couple years ago a state study showed that over 30% of people riding didn't have a license in my state. A few miles from me there are a few bikes that have been driven into a small river and you can see then when it has not rained for a while. Thats what you do when the powers that be get onto your stolen bike...... Of the past 7 riders that I worked with only 2 had a motorcycle endorsement. There was only 1 that had a bike for more than a few months. The others went through bikes as fast as they could FIND them. What I want to know is how they get away with the stuff they do such as no tags or expired tags from another bike ect... I have been pulled over 3 x in the past few years on my VLX doing the speed limit, to see if i had proper registration and insurance info and license. I no longer have any contact with these people and thank heavens my neighbor moved away.(he was the same type) It seems funny to me that I have ridden so much and am still waiting for my accident to come and I was always the one that couldn't ride.......... from 20-30 year old guys that had totaled or blew up every machine they ever owned. It's no wonder they thought that a trip to ocean city was such a long trip (2hrs with traffic). I have no sympathy for these people at all and in all honesty, the faster they take themselves out the better. My only related concern is that they do no harm to others as they take themselves out. This includes the damages done to witnesses.

In my brief experience with "XTREME RIDING" basically if you're flying up the road the cops don't bother with you because they don't want to die or have you die (probably a lot more paperwork). But if you're doing 10 mph over the speed limit well that's a reasonable person to be pulled over :)
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

havegunjoe
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2004 Yamaha 650 V-Star

#12 Unread post by havegunjoe »

HYPERR wrote:how can you make the assumption that the van driver was not at any fault?
Why would the van driver expect someone to be passing them on the left when she signaled a turn? At least 7 other drivers could figure out not to pass. I'd say this was all the bikers fault.
DEMOCRACY IS 2 WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR DINNER.
LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#13 Unread post by HYPERR »

havegunjoe wrote:
HYPERR wrote:how can you make the assumption that the van driver was not at any fault?
Why would the van driver expect someone to be passing them on the left when she signaled a turn? At least 7 other drivers could figure out not to pass. I'd say this was all the bikers fault.
From the information you gave on your post, it is impossible to tell either way. How do we know that the van was signalling the turn? How do we know he would have not cut off the first car?

I'm not making any assumptions here as there is no way to reach a realistic conclusion from the data given. I was merely asking how can one assume that the van driver was not at any fault?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS