:?
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: What did you do today...

#4122 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

dr_bar wrote:Slept through an earthquake today... 6.4 shaker on the westcoast of Vancouver Island...

hmm. that's interesting. one guy i work with had told me awhile ago how he didnt want to move to the Island cuz of severe weather, flooding etc... This will make him even more paranoid when i tell him :mrgreen:

i just came back from climbing. Have been getting back into a regular climbing regimen after a week off to ensure the body a little extra time to heal up from any undue stresses and an ankle that took a beating recently. It worked out well as i was able to succeed on some new climbs, learning from some other more experienced guys, actually moreso a couple of girls who's climbing style is more like my own. As usual i find women more often tend to have better technique and guys are all about muscling there way to the top... although i did meet one girl who says she has always been the "muscle" climber although her friends were teaching her (the hard way) to respect technique, use her head and conserve her energy instead of fighting through a climb.

This is the best thing since racing bikes for me. A real cool sport/hobby. Solid challenge for the next 10+ years.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4123 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Quiet Monkey....if you haven't seen this..it is worth the watch....awesome woman climber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N70DLM8Az_8

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#4124 Unread post by sapaul »

JustMark wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
JustMark wrote:i turned 40!...lol
:happybirthday:

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

:specialannouncement:

kewl, my first b-day wish from someone in another country! :kicking:

and thank you!
Here's another one, happy birthday Mate (belated, sorry) 40 is really a special one, not that I can remember, mine was a long time ago.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4125 Unread post by Johnj »

Leaving on a 3 day trip through Arkansas.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#4126 Unread post by sapaul »

Johnj wrote:Leaving on a 3 day trip through Arkansas.
I was going to say something, then remembered we have moderators on this board. :lol:

Have a great trip :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

seriously, ride well, stay safe,

and enjoy
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4127 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

blues2cruise wrote:Quiet Monkey....if you haven't seen this..it is worth the watch....awesome woman climber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N70DLM8Az_8
thanks so much for the vid. it was great to watch her climb and hear the background story.

i actually havent watched any videos of climbing in recent memory, although i have read a few articles.... just known for a long time that i wanted to get into it, after doing a little caving and learning some basic rope/rappell/belay techniques a long time ago. I have one DVD, come to think of it, havent watched it yet... prefer to just get into it, and learn on my own, watching other climbers and sharing observations and experiences. The people Ive met generally seem to have many good characteristics of those i find in other less structured, freestyle sports, like trials, skateboarding, even snowboarding and skiing... people are often more cooperative than purely competitive...

Most i've met are humble about what they dont know and open with what they do. There's very little b.s. as compared to other "group" sports. Much less ego because people (generally) climb to build themselves rather than to impress others. They realize the challenge is there self rather than being "against" other people. Ive only met a couple people so far who are different than this open style of learning. It seems more common that everyone is a teacher and everyone is a student. It's a mindset i find hard to find in society, whereas with climbing it's the inverse. People share hard fought knowledge more readily. They havent a "need" to protect themselves or there "status" and so experience and knowledge flows more readily. The truth surfaces quickly in this atmosphere.

The freestyle stuff is exactly what i find most rewarding for it's purity and intensity. i may segue into ropes & harness somewhere down the road as a 'safety net' as i push for longer climbs, although i would prefer to never use ropes. We'll see. Lots of time to grow into it. The safety of the climb means learning to be patient and well prepared... sometimes patience means a year or two of solid preparation before moving onto the next level.

The nice thing watching the Catherine Destivelle video is that it looks quite old, and there is probably some great stories about her climbing and life to find and read.

Thanks again for the vid, Bluesy, and the reminder to snoop around for some other inspiration. Although I find learning this stuff is very inspiring and motivating all on it's own.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4128 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I put up tons of new 2012 Yamaha motorcycle models...

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... yamaha.htm

Enjoy...

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43532
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4129 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I smiled when I heard some news out of the head office that affects me in a very positive way. :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#4130 Unread post by mogster »

Spent a pre birthday evening with my. Fella & best mate + her man + son¤1.

Had some absinthe & then had to recite Scott + Burns.

Happy Birthday to me :D :cheers:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land