mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#51 Unread post by mogster »

Well apart from the Scots to win (obviously) never forget the French! Sorry to rub salt in but the Irish are looking really good too.

Anyway I take back the Yanks beating 0z as they seem well on their way to a thrashing!
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

shane-o
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 17
My Motorcycle: VTR1000

#52 Unread post by shane-o »

mogster wrote:Well apart from the Scots to win (obviously) never forget the French! Sorry to rub salt in but the Irish are looking really good too.

Anyway I take back the Yanks beating 0z as they seem well on their way to a thrashing!
By the way, the Scots are my secret favs as Im Scottish on both sides ;) shhhhhh

[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragingtux.jpg][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6403/ragingtux.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7103/thhitlerbx91kg4.gif[/img][/url]
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/su_tux]su_tux[/url]

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#53 Unread post by mogster »

So the Aussies & the Kiwis played great, hopefully the Irish (in about 6hrs) will thrash Romania then in 8hrs it will be time for the Scots to whip the Argies :-? I must confess I am a bit feart!
MOG

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#54 Unread post by blues2cruise »

The BC Lions Whooped Sasktchewan. Roar you Lions roar. :mrgreen:

(Canadian Football League)

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#55 Unread post by mogster »

Boo hoo! The Scots lost by 1 point, it was a great match tho. Will now have to beat England to stay in. That will be some match!

On other topics I have had a lovely weekend. Spent quality times with both my daughters (separately & together). Also caught up with a girlfriend whose is going thru a breakup.

Today (after I got over my Rugby blues) I have cooked a winter stew.

Guess what? The weather forecast is predicting a mini heatwave this week! Should have bought salad.
MOG

sunshine229
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#56 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Bring on the nice weather! Today it was a mixed bag from blue sky to dark rain but the rest of the week is looking HOT! I'll be happy if it happens!!!
Andrea :sun:

blues2cruise

#57 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I feel soggy. It has been raining so hard almost non stop all day. It's dark, too.

I guess I'll drink tea and then vacuum my place.

sunshine229
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#58 Unread post by sunshine229 »

It did end up getting super hot here, 28-30° for five days. Pure bliss! Now it's back to typical UK autumn weather... surprise surprise...

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold so I've been stuffing myself full of medicine to keep it at bay. I'm in a three day training course (leadership development) so can't afford to be sick right now. If I wasn't on training I'd probably say bring it on just so I could have a sick day to chill on the couch... :lol:
Andrea :sun:

Katharine
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: computer chair

#59 Unread post by Katharine »

Ladiees... I am so tired of PINK that I could scream!

Was having a browse around motorcyclecloseouts.com because I was thinking about taking a BRC come spring just to try out riding (the classes are cheap enough). I don't mind getting the other required gear secondhand (jacket, gloves, etc.) but I don't want to buy a secondhand helmet (I figure if I can find something not-too-expensive, even if I never use it again I could sell it--but I've heard too much around here that a used helmet is A Bad Idea).

O...M...G. Just about every helmet for women on that site is either pink or has little flowers or hearts and junk on it. I'm not a girly-girl. I would only wear pink and girly stuff if my life depended on it, TBH with you. I would want just a plain black helmet, or similar. No butterfly graphics, no pink streaks (to be fair, I wouldn't be that big on flames or skulls either. Just don't need something flashy). (Unfortunately I have a small head so a men's helmet is probably out of the running. Youth boys' helmet, maybe?)

(I feel like I run up against this in everything from running shoes-- all white and pink and lavender and turquoise and lots of other easy-to-dirty colors-- to cycle helmets, to shaving razors.... is pink really what most women want, hence why manufacturers insist everything "for women" has to be that color? Am I WEIRD to want the same color choices men have? Am I nuts to not like pink? Do I just need to dig a little deeper?)

blues2cruise

#60 Unread post by blues2cruise »

If you ride a computer chair why do you need a helmet? Do you have dangerous co-workers? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Try on some XS helmets that are not gender specific. Lots of plain choices.

Icon, HJC, Scorpion are a few that have plain......