2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... e1090R.htm

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R

THE FAMILY IS GROWING: NEW BRUTALE R 1090, 144 HP OF RAW POWER

The success of the new generation of Brutale’s is in the spotlight due to its unmistakable design, advanced technology and exceptional performance. MV Agusta Brutale, a bike that has not only set the standard in the motorcycle market for excellence, but it has also become an authentic commercial success.

Lining up next to the Brutale 920, the entry level motorcycle in the MV Agusta four cylinder family, the new Brutale R 1090 is born and is the new market reference.

The MV Agusta model line-up is expanding with the introduction of the new BRUTALE 1090R. This incredible naked has enamored the motorcycle world with its unique design that has been to date unequaled. Ever since its introduction the BRUTALE has continued to be the leader in both design and performance. With the launching of the new BRUTALE, the most beautiful and powerful naked is now within reach of an even larger number of riders whom have always dreamed of experiencing the emotions only the BRUTALE can deliver. A new engine configuration, new chassis settings, a onepiece seat design with a focus on comfort, the BRUTALE 1090R offers a new interpretation of a high performance naked. A motorcycle that offers aggressive styling and raw performance matched with an intuitive chassis. A Brutale that is always incredibly easy to ride, has never been this comfortable and intuitive.

On a cost per performance basis, the BRUTALE 1090R is without a doubt the new reference in the naked sport category. A technologically advanced 4 cylinder engine with radial intake and exhaust valves , the same advanced engine control unit as the 1090RR paired with one of the most evolved chassis’; the BRUTALE 1090R is able to easily tame even the most demanding roads and racetracks.

This advanced performance is also coupled with a new look, with the color black dominating the new styling of the radiator shrouds and seat. But, looks are not everything and a major focus was also placed on rider comfort with a re-designed single seat that improves both rider and passenger comfort during every day use.

The BRUTALE project continues to remain faithful to the original objectives, MV wanted to build the most compact and light weight naked coupled with a superbike chassis together with raw engine performance that would enamor even the most demanding motorcyclist.

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R Features and Benefits

The engine is the high performance 1078cc four cylinder with radial intake and exhaust valves, the largest displacement engine ever built by MV Agusta. It is a volcano of power and torque with 106 kW (144 hp) at 10.300 rpm.

The frame is a mix of steel and aluminum mated to a Marzocchi 50mm USD front fork and a Sachs rear shock, both with valving specific to the Brutale R 1090 capable of taming the most torturous roads and demanding race tracks. The Brutale R 1090 also employs a 190/55 – ZR17 rear tyre that guarantees optimal grip, even during the most extreme conditions.

The Electronic Engine Control Unit has been programmed with a mapping that has been developed specifically for this new model, combining an optimal engine control coupled with 8 levels of traction control that can be selected by the rider.

Brutale R 1090, raw power mated with ergonomics that have also been developed with a passenger in mind thanks to the new one-piece seat with increased dimensions and refined styling that you have come to expect from an MV Agusta.

The Brutale R 1090 is the perfect motorcycle for those who are searching for a motorcycle in its essential form coupled with exceptional performance and unique design.

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R - USA/Canada Specifications
MSRP Price - $15,995 CDN

Engine
Engine Type
Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 valve
TIMING SYSTEM
"D.O.H.C", radial valve
TOTAL DISPLACEMENT
1078 cm3 (65.78 cu. in.)
COMPRESSION RATIO
13:1

STARTING
Electric
BORE X STROKE
79 mm x 55 mm (3.1 in. x 2.2 in.)
MAX. HORSE POWER-R.P.M. (AT THE CRANKSHAFT)
106 kW (144,2 HP) at 10300 r.p.m. Lim. 11600 r.p.m.
MAX. TORQUE-R.P.M.
112 Nm (11.2 kgm) at 8100 rpm

COOLING SYSTEM
Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators

ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Magneti Marelli 5SM ignition - injection integrated system with Mikuni throttle body;
Induction discharge electronic ignition;
Sequential timed "Multipoint" electronic injection

CLUTCH
Wet, multi - disc
GEAR BOX
Cassette gearbox; six speed, constant mesh

PRIMARY DRIVE
50/79

GEAR RATIO
First gear: Speed* 13/38 109.7 km/h (68.1 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
Second gear: Speed* 16/34 150.8 km/h (93.6 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
Third gear: Speed* 18/32 180.3 km/h (111.9 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
Fourth gear: Speed* 20/30 213.7 km/h (132.7 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
Fifth gear: Speed* 22/29 243.2 km/h (151.0 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.
Sixth gear: Speed* 19/23 265.0 km/h (164.5 mph) at 11600 r.p.m.

* Top speed attained on closed course

FINAL VELOCITY RATIO
15x41

Electrical Equipment
VOLTAGE
12 V
ALTERNATOR
350 W at 5000 r.p.m.
BATTERY
12 V - 8.6 Ah

Dimensions & Weight
WHEELBASE
1430 mm (56.30 in.)
OVERALL LENGTH
2045 mm (80.51 in.)
OVERALL WIDTH
775 mm (30.51 in.)
SADDLE HEIGHT
825 mm (32.48 in.)
MIN. GROUND CLEARANCE
140 mm (5.51 in.)
TRAIL
103,5 mm (4.07 in.)
DRY WEIGHT
190 Kg (418.9 lbs)
FUEL TANK CAPACITY
23 l (6.07 U.S. gal.)

Performance
MAXIMUM SPEED*
Full power version: 265 km/h (164.5 mph) / Restricted power version: 245 km/h (152 mph)

Frame
TYPE
AlS Steel tubular trellis (MAG welded)
REAR SWING ARM PIVOT PLATES: MATERIAL

Front Suspension

TYPE
"UPSIDE - DOWN" telescopic hydraulic fork with rebound-compression damping and spring preload external and separate adjustment

ROD DIA.
50 mm (1.97 in.)

TRAVEL ON LEG AXIS
125 mm (4.92 in.)

Rear Suspension

TYPE
Progressive, single shock absorber with rebound damping and spring preload adjustment

SINGLE SIDED SWING ARM: MATERIAL
Aluminium alloy

WHEEL TRAVEL
120 mm (4.72 in.)

Brake

FRONT BRAKE
Double floating disc with Ø 310 mm (Ø 12.2 in.) diameter, with steel braking band and steel flange

FRONT BRAKE CALIPER
Radial with 4 pistons - Ø 32 mm (Ø 1.26 in.)

REAR BRAKE
Single steel disc with Ø 210 mm (Ø 8.27 in.) diameter

REAR BRAKE CALIPER
With 4 pistons - Ø 25,4 mm (Ø 1.00 in.)

Rim
Front Wheel: Material / size
Aluminium alloy 3.50" x 17"
Rear Wheel: Material / size
Aluminium alloy 6.00"x 17

Tires
Front Tire
120/70 - ZR 17 M/C (58 W)

Rear Tire
190/55 - ZR 17 M/C (73 W)

Fairing
MATERIAL
Thermoplastic
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BACK TO BACK CHALLENGE!

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090R vs 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO.

Will the MV Agusta Brutale 1090R win over the Ducati Monster 1100 EVO (voted 67% awesome last week)?

Last week people didn't like the 1100 EVO's 100hp, will the 144.2hp of the Brutale be enough?

This will be a good one... get in on it now.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#3 Unread post by madjak30 »

I voted: AWESOME again...but more for the styling than the power...I still prefer the low end torque of the twin engines, but this thing is sexy...

I need to change the headlight on my bike to something along this line...then I will have the ultimate bike...IMO

But this MV is quite nice to look at, especially in Black!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Better looking than the Monster, but I'd still rather have the Duc. I prefer the power (actually, the torque) characteristics of a twin.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

Awesome! This (actually the 910 Brutale) was one of the bikes I considered when I got my Hypermotard. Not only does it look awesome, its exhaust note is one of the most intoxicating you will ever hear from a motorcycle. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#6 Unread post by Markg1 »

I kinda like this one. Horsepower seems more than adequate. I'm not much for the naked bike look but it's not bad looking. Cool.
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#7 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

jeesh guys i dont know, it's probably a little sluggish up top. :wink:

It really needs a Mr.Turbo kit cuz i'm sure it won't power wheelie in fifth gear at 170mph with my lips bleeding and arm-sockets feeling like i am hanging onto the tail of an F-16 catapulting off the deck of the USS Soap-Dish. I think in Italy they sell a Super Mario kit for this thing.

We've all heard the stories: Even a Hayabusa needs a little Stage-2 engine massage to get me thinking "fast enough for the babysitter." I probably should be thinking V-Rod, eh. Harley sez they have Drag-Strip Performance and Sleek Street Style! (gosh!)

Luckily the Brutale has one thing going for it, the lack of fairing will help get that feeling for a Need for Speed when I am wearing my shorty helmet and t-shirt. - now THAT's pretty cool
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

This bike just HAS to be Awesome. I mean, seriously, take a good look at it and tell me it doesn't deserve to be Awesome +++. :mrgreen:

It's a bit expensive but the price reflects the brand; MV Agusta's are always going to be pricey. What a gorgeous looking ride and a four cylinder to boot... must be a genuine pleasure to ride. :D
Andrea :sun:

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

sunshine229 wrote:This bike just HAS to be Awesome. I mean, seriously, take a good look at it and tell me it doesn't deserve to be Awesome +++. :mrgreen:

It's a bit expensive but the price reflects the brand; MV Agusta's are always going to be pricey. What a gorgeous looking ride and a four cylinder to boot... must be a genuine pleasure to ride. :D
They have a dealer in town for when you guys back back....just in case you were wondering... :wink:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: AWESOME

Funny enough, I really meant to reply right away (I try not to be first to reply) as I am super-excited about this model myself, but then, I had so much new stuff to add to Total Motorcycle (like always) that I had to make time for it! :DOH:

Anyways, the next 15 mins is MV Agusta time. :cheers:

Let me start off by saying, there are motorcycle manufacturers, then there are the cream of the crop ones, like MV Agusta. In my eyes, MV Agusta is top tier and with the likes of Benelli and Bimota. Exotic, exquisite and expensive, but oh so incredibly cool they are beyond words.

The MV Agusta Brutale series is to a Ducati monster (it's head-to-head day), is to as Lamborghini is to Audi. Either you would gladly own and both have boat loads of prestige, but like the Lamborghini, the MV Agusta is, art on wheels taken to museum class levels.

Personally, I couldn't care if this bike had just 80hp rather than the 140+hp it has, nor if it costs a few thousand more. To me, it's awesome design goes beyond cost and raw data. A bike that when parked you have to force your eyes away from it to look where you are going.

That said, would I own one? To coin an 80's term "Like, Totally!"

Awesome + baby.

Mike