Regular
Regular
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: computer chair

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#71 Unread post by Katharine »

Haha! Love the sign!

My boss bought a bike this fall and was looking for an MSF course... he missed all of them for the season so plans on doing it next spring. He said he'd let me know when he picks one as I might take it at the same time (shuttup, moral support!).

Is that silly? No way could I afford to have a bike any time soon so I realize it's sort of pointless to take the class, but I want to TRY it, and the classes through the state are cheap enough, so my real expense would just be secondhand gear good enough to fulfill the course requirements. I'd just like to find out whether I even *like* riding.

apachesue
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Honda Shadow

#72 Unread post by apachesue »

Katharine wrote:Haha! Love the sign!

My boss bought a bike this fall and was looking for an MSF course... he missed all of them for the season so plans on doing it next spring. He said he'd let me know when he picks one as I might take it at the same time (shuttup, moral support!).

Is that silly? No way could I afford to have a bike any time soon so I realize it's sort of pointless to take the class, but I want to TRY it, and the classes through the state are cheap enough, so my real expense would just be secondhand gear good enough to fulfill the course requirements. I'd just like to find out whether I even *like* riding.
Hi Katharine - I don't think that's silly at all. It is a great way to see if you want to ride, and even if you just end up riding 2 up with someone, it will make you a better passenger. I think it makes you a better driver in general, and more aware of motorcycles on the road. We all need that! Just have fun... and rule of acquisition #33 - 'It never hurts to suck up to the boss" -sorry, I HAD to! :ninja:

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250

#73 Unread post by RocketGirl »

Hi Katharine - I don't think that's silly at all. It is a great way to see if you want to ride, and even if you just end up riding 2 up with someone, it will make you a better passenger. I think it makes you a better driver in general, and more aware of motorcycles on the road. We all need that! Just have fun... and rule of acquisition #33 - 'It never hurts to suck up to the boss" -sorry, I HAD to! :ninja:
+1 on taking the class, not on getting brownie points with the boss. Then again if I was lucky enough to have a supv who is a genuine down-to-earth kind of a person, I wouldn't think twice about offering them encouragement and support. The MSF class was a great experience for me. I had 3 hours of scooter time and zero hours on a motorcycle prior to that.

Katharine
Regular
Regular
My Motorcycle: computer chair

#74 Unread post by Katharine »

Hell, I go drinking with my boss, so taking an MSF class is no big deal, lol.

The only thing that will be awkward is that he's been taking his bike on spins around the neighborhood, whereas I'll be coming into it having never even been on a bike, so I dunno exactly how much "moral support" I'll get when I'm a total n00b and he's not, lol, but at least I won't have to do it alone. (Doing it alone doesn't really bug me, and I'm not usually the type of woman who's intimidated walking into "guy stuff" and just jumping in, but I am pretty introverted, and I always start out a bit apprehensive about some situations since I look young and "innocent" and sometimes people-- esp. men or older women-- tend to assume I'm far more incapable than I am, so I'm never sure what to expect. So I'll be glad to know somebody, esp. in case there are any "okay, team up with a partner" situations because I'm really bad at just going up to somebody random when that happens!) Heh, what I SHOULD do is try to convince his wife to take the class! That could be fun too. But I'm not sure if she ever plans on learning to ride his, or just being a passenger.

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#75 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Today I feel good about my achievements.

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite

#76 Unread post by RocketGirl »

I'm thankful mom made it out of surgery just fine and that my brother and I were there to support my dad. :D

apachesue
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Honda Shadow

#77 Unread post by apachesue »

@ RocketGirl

Nice. Talk about real things to be thankful for.

Happy Holidays!

RocketGirl
Elite
Elite

#78 Unread post by RocketGirl »

I'm feeling like I'm on top of the world. It was such a nice day today. I got up the courage to give it another go on my hubby's V-star 650. I've only been on it in a parking lot, but after looking and dreaming about moving up to a bigger bike my inner voice said that there's nothing getting in my way today. The most physical part was manuevering it out of the garage. I took the same approach that I did with my new bike. Ride it around the neighborhood, then a short stint on the road to the nearby park. With my confidence up, I took it down a few of the main thorough fares, mixing it up with early rush hour and school bus traffic. What an awesome 30-mile ride! Gosh, I really can ride a bigger bike. :lol:

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#79 Unread post by blues2cruise »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm feeling like I'm on top of the world. It was such a nice day today. I got up the courage to give it another go on my hubby's V-star 650. I've only been on it in a parking lot, but after looking and dreaming about moving up to a bigger bike my inner voice said that there's nothing getting in my way today. The most physical part was manuevering it out of the garage. I took the same approach that I did with my new bike. Ride it around the neighborhood, then a short stint on the road to the nearby park. With my confidence up, I took it down a few of the main thorough fares, mixing it up with early rush hour and school bus traffic. What an awesome 30-mile ride! Gosh, I really can ride a bigger bike. :lol:
:kicking:

Maybe hubby will need a new bike now....so you can ride the 650. :mrgreen:

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#80 Unread post by mogster »

blues2cruise wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I'm feeling like I'm on top of the world. What an awesome 30-mile ride! Gosh, I really can ride a bigger bike. :lol:
:kicking:

Maybe hubby will need a new bike now....so you can ride the 650. :mrgreen:

Blues you should be encouraging menfolk to buy us girlies new bikes!! :lol:

+ great you enjoying a confidence boost RocketGirl :clapping:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land