totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Your weight and bikes

#31 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

madjak30 - I like you on the Victory as well, but it's quite a different bike vs the Ninja 1000 and Concours. What type of riding do you see yourself doing most? City/Highway/Touring/Curves?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#32 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I'm 6'4" and 160lbs. A little light for my height but hey means I can eat more :tacos: right? haha.

This is my 7th motorcycle (the 2001 Kawasaki ZR7). It fits me well although I would still like to have a little bigger bike (not engine size but more leg room) for longer rides. The seat and bike size is much more comfortable than the 2006 Kawasaki ZR7 updated version which is even more cramped.

My 6th bike, the 2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 was by far the most comfortable bike I have owned for my size.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#33 Unread post by BobK »

5'10", 185lbs, middle-sized bikes like my XR1200 and this BMW R1200R are just the right size for me:

I find bikes that are advertised for beginners or ladies, like my old Moto Guzzi Nevada, or most Sportsters, are too small for me. It's fine to be able to sit on it flat-footed, but when riding, the pegs are too high and I get cramps in my upper thighs.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#34 Unread post by madjak30 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:madjak30 - I like you on the Victory as well, but it's quite a different bike vs the Ninja 1000 and Concours. What type of riding do you see yourself doing most? City/Highway/Touring/Curves?

Mike
I mostly use my bike for commuting in the warmer months & touring...I think my current bike kinda coaxes me into riding more agressively than I would like...so I am leaning to cruiser or adventure type bikes...I've always liked the V Strom, but I felt the 650 might be a little lacking on the hiway...I am now starting to think that I should just get a bike that I feel comfortable on and not worry about the performance so much...so maybe something in the 650 to 800cc area would be the "right sized" bike for me...insurance is cheaper, fuel consumption is lower and they won't get you into trouble as quickly!!

So DL650 Vstrom, Versys 650, Honda NC700XA...or Boulevard M50, Vulcan 900 Custom, Honda Shadow 750, Star 950...I'll have to do some test riding this year...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#35 Unread post by VermilionX »

i wanted to get a hayabusa.

i saw it in person and immediately said... no wai!

i'm 5'9" 135 lbs. the gixxer was just the right weight for me.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer