2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Voted: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 is...

You may select 1 option

View results

ZRex
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

Re: This Week's Bike: 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Vote & Disc

#11 Unread post by ZRex »

I have to vote Awesome, I love bikes that you can do anything on.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Votes are coming in quite strong! Keep up the work; let your fiends know they can vote too. :group:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#13 Unread post by High_Side »

A really nice bike but really Kawasaki needs to get the memo:

Stop writing "Ninja" on every semi-sporting bike that you make with a sticker that looks like it came out of a box of Lucky Charms. It makes a nice bike look cheap, and they really should have left the name in the '80s and just named them as ZX's or ZXR's. This new 650 is a nice looking bike but the first thing to go would be the silly-azzed sticker if it were mine :mrgreen:

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#14 Unread post by madjak30 »

The Ninjas aren't ZX bikes anylonger...they are EX bikes, they revived the Ninja name to put some excitement into their more friendly UJM type of bikes...they now have sexier body work, but in essence are still a commuter bike. Their ZX bikes say Ninja nowhere on them.

Same reason Suzuki dropped the Katana name and went with the GSX-F branding...Katana's had a name as mediocre bikes...and in Europe a Katana is a scooter...and it works...people are buying them.

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - Voted: Awesome

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great news! After a slew of votes, the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R finished as: 55% Awesome; putting it firmly as the top bike of 2012 so far! http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyclecoolwall.htm New Cool Wall bike now up (every Friday)

Great voting and great discussion!! Let's keep it up for the next bike: 2012 Honda Shadow RS (VT750RS) viewtopic.php?f=61&t=44532

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#16 Unread post by High_Side »

madjak30 wrote:The Ninjas aren't ZX bikes anylonger...they are EX bikes, they revived the Ninja name to put some excitement into their more friendly UJM type of bikes...they now have sexier body work, but in essence are still a commuter bike. Their ZX bikes say Ninja nowhere on them.

Same reason Suzuki dropped the Katana name and went with the GSX-F branding...Katana's had a name as mediocre bikes...and in Europe a Katana is a scooter...and it works...people are buying them.

Later.
Way to get in the way of a good rant :laughing: I have to admit, I had to go look but yes, all of the Supersport bikes still say Ninja on them.... and yes I still think that name should be left to die, and not splashed all over otherwise great looking bikes.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/model-line/1/SUPERSPORT