Optimal speed for lowest consumption of gas?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Optimal speed for lowest consumption of gas?

#11 Unread post by Wrider »

I've never seen another Z750S on the road. As far as I know there are 2 others in the entire state of CO. There's a lot more T Minimums than that just in town.

I also meant to address your bias ply versus radial tire comment earlier. The only advantage to a radial tire is that it's capable of higher speeds. Bias Ply can handle more load in a lot of cases. So maybe you ought to look into the bias ply tires for your scoot scoot?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#12 Unread post by dr_bar »

Marvin wrote:...yes it does attract attention!
So does a monkey on a leash...

~~~~~Monkey.jpg
~~~~~Monkey.jpg (6.59 KiB) Viewed 7117 times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#13 Unread post by Marvin »

like I said,,,, I love my Tmax cause people like you don't own one,,,,,come on!!! you have to be honest and admit, if someone you didn't like owned the exact same bike you owned it would make you angry.... come on, admit it!
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#14 Unread post by dr_bar »

Personally, there are several people I've met that own the same bike as I do, and I really don't like their attitude, their politics, their moral "I'm better than you" stance. I really can't stand these people, but I don't give a sh*t that they ride the same bike as I do, two of them ride the exact same colour as mine... If you can think these stupid situations up, you have waayyy deeper problems than anyone on here has ever contemplated...

Marvin
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by Marvin »

Wrider? a radial tire has much better wet road traction, a bias ply is dangerous on a wet road,,,, a radial just "feels" better

can we have a conversation about the diameter and width of tires and how that effects traction and handling?
ok,, I am a big believer that the motorcycle was designed and engineered around the size of the tires, when that bike was designed they tried every possible size of tire and the one they choose on it was the best possible one they found for the best ride and handling.
I strongly disagree when riders install different size tires other than the stock size, I say that makes the handling worse, cruiser guys that install extra wide tires find themselves really slowing down on that tight curve and takes away that softer ride suspension,, they do that to make their bike look good with an extra wide tire.
I own the Yamaha Tmax, and I know a guy that owns the Suzuki Burgman, on his Burgman his tires wear out every 3000 miles, my Tmax has 3600 miles and the stock tires on it still look like new, he wanted to know why,,, its very simple, the diameter of his tires are much smaller so his tires rotate much more for the same speed and distance covered than the bigger diameter of my tires,,, you understand what I mean? making it simple, if a tire was half the size than the tire on another bike and they went the same distance, those smaller half size tires had to rotate twice as many times to cover the same distance... right? Thats why his tires wear out faster.
There! I had an intelligent, respectful conversation without any insults, I just hope the responce, if any is also intelligent and respectful,,, I can understand if you don't agree with me and if you give me a new fact that makes sence I will highly respect you, I am not the know all of everything, I like to learn new things, but I do have to admit I know much more than most people.
2009 Yamaha TMAX

Marvin
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Marvin »

dr_bar? I have been owning and riding motorcycles for 25 years, I was riding before motorcycles were cool,,,, now everybody owns one, I can ride and jump a motorcross bike as good as a professional, I can take an ATV to places everybody else is afraid to go, I can lean that big cruiser bike over a tight curve better than the guy that was riding that same bike for 10 years,,,,, yes,,, I can ride the bike you own and are experienced on better than you! In my book nothing beats experience.,,,, and I can't hold back my true feelings seeing and watching guys new to motorcycling thinking they are the top expert riders, they have the best bike,, and at the same time these same guys cutting me down saying I can't ride, can't clutch just because I ride a scooter. I don't have to prove anything to anybody and I never ask those new guys to prove to me that they can ride, but when they harrasss me just because i ride a scooter, and knowing those same people can't handle that big cruiser bike, it makes my blood boil. I see it all the time watching other riders, just watching them ride a blind man can see they can't ride or are inexperienced, maybe I am obsessed with watching them and judging them,,, I just thought if I would share how I feel that someone with the same experience I do would agree with me.
2009 Yamaha TMAX

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#17 Unread post by dr_bar »

Marvin wrote:dr_bar? I have been owning and riding motorcycles for 25 years,
When you brag incessantly about your skills, your looks and can't keep your stories straight, you set yourself up for the ridicule you get. Here you tell me you've owned and ridden bikes for 25 years, funny thing is, you only put 8 years riding in your profile... Go ahead and change it now, but everyone has seen this lie right up front. Now, put your good looks and best bike up front and prove what you say, or just shut up, we're sick of the BS that you spew nonstop...

Oh yeah, Motorcycles have been cool for over a century, they were cool the day they were invented and will be cool as long as someone admires them and rides them...

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#18 Unread post by jstark47 »

Marvin wrote:I just thought if I would share how I feel that someone with the same experience I do would agree with me.
Nobody has the same experience as you, because no one else can hear the voices in your head. Try a tin-foil hat, they really work sometimes.....

:whistling:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#19 Unread post by Johnj »

:sitbackandwatch: Psst... :ontopic:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#20 Unread post by Wrider »

Incorrect on bias ply versus radial in wet traction, that solely has to do with rubber compounds and treads.

And thank you captain obvious about tire sizes. I posted something similar back in 2008 I think. Wide tires = worse handling but more power can be put to the ground. Narrow tires = better handling but less usable horsepower.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha