2012 Ducati 848 EVO: Voted - Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Ducati 848 EVO is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Ducati 848 EVO: Voted - Awesome

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Ducati 848 EVO: Cool Wall Vote & Discuss

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 848EVO.htm

2012 Ducati 848 EVO: Cool Wall Vote & Discuss

848 EVO: Excitement EVO

The 140 hp of the Testastretta Evoluzione engine and the awesome braking power of Brembo monobloc calipers take the performance level of the 848EVO - Ducati's lightest ever Superbike - to the extreme. Joining the Ducati Superbike world has never been so thrilling.

Ducati 848EVO - EXCITEMENTEVO

The 848EVO is Ducati's most impressive mid-range Superbike ever, and provides an exciting way to enter the world of Ducati Superbikes. 2012 sees the arrival of the stunning 848EVO Corse Special Edition with Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Quick Shift, Öhlins rear suspension and 330mm brake discs all stylishly delivered in Ducati Corse official colours.

The “EVO” treatment applied to the 848 introduced a 6hp power boost to 140hp (103kW) and a torque increase to 72.3lb-ft (98Nm) for razor-sharp and easy-to-use power delivery, while the combination of the 848's legendary (168kg) chassis set-up and planet-stopping Brembo Monobloc brakes gives unthinkable braking performances most can only dream of.

Iconic features from the reigning World Championship-winning machines, are all part of the 848's DNA and in pursuit of perfection, Ducati engineers have now further enhanced specification to deliver impressive performance whether riding through mid-town traffic or racing through track-day competition.

The 2012 848EVO maintains the traditional colours of Ducati red with red frame and black wheels, “dark stealth” with racing black frame and black wheels and arctic white with red frame and red wheels. New for 2012 is the 848EVO Corse Special Edition, specially dressed in red, white and black colour scheme with red frame and black wheels.

2012 Ducati 848 EVO - North American Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $13,995 USD
Canada MSRP Price: See Canadian Dealer for pricing.

Chassis
FRAME
Tubular steel Trellis frame in ALS 450
WHEELBASE
1430mm (56.3in)
RAKE
24.5°
FRONT SUSPENSION
Showa 43mmfully adjustable usd forks
FRONT WHEEL TRAVEL
127mm (5in)
FRONT WHEEL
5-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
FRONT TYRE
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP, 120/70 ZR17
REAR SUSPENSION
Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Showa monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
REAR WHEEL TRAVEL
120mm (4.7in)
REAR WHEEL
5-spoke light alloy 5.50 x 17
REAR TYRE
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP, 180/55 ZR17
FRONT BRAKE
2 x 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc 4-piston callipers
REAR BRAKE
245mm disc, 2-piston calliper
FUEL TANK CAPACITY
15.5l - 4.1 gallon (US)
WET WEIGHT
194kg (428lb)
DRY WEIGHT
168kg (370lb)
INSTRUMENTS
Digital MotoGP derived unit with displays for: Speed, rev counter, lap times, time, air temp, coolant temp, battery voltage, A & B trips, fuel reserve trip, scheduled maintenance. Warning lights for: Neutral, turn signals, high-beam, rev-limit, oil pressure, fuel reserve. Plus: Integrated immobilizer system.
WARRANTY
2 years unlimited mileage
BODY COLOUR (FRAME/WHEEL)
Red (red / black) - Dark Stealth (racing black / black)
VERSIONS
Dual seat
SEAT HEIGHT
830mm (32.6in)

DDA
DDA system-ready for Ducati Performance accessory

DTC
Not available on this model

ABS
Not available on this model

Engine
TYPE
L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled
DISPLACEMENT
849.4cc
BORE X STROKE
94x61.2mm
COMPRESSION RATIO
13.2:1
POWER
140hp (103kw) @ 10,500rpm
TORQUE
72.3lb-ft (98Nm) @ 9,750rpm
FUEL INJECTION
Marelli electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies
EXHAUST
Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers
Transmission
GEARBOX
6 speed
RATIO
1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
PRIMARY DRIVE
Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
FINAL DRIVE
Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
CLUTCH
Wet multiplate with hydraulic control
Emissions
STANDARD
Euro 3
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week - 2012 Ducati 848 EVO: Vote & Discuss

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Usually I don't vote first, but hey, what the heck? :D

I went with: Awesome

I've always been a fan of the middle sized Ducati sportbike since the 748, which I've always thought looks like Fererri designed it. And the sound of it is pretty nice too (see here for sounds: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school-SectionSix.htm). The 2012 Ducati 848 EVO is just as appealing as that 748 to me, sleek lines beautifully crafted into an aerodynamic piece of art. Not sure if I should put it in my living room or ride it!

As for the Ducati 848, I always thought Ducati looked best in Ducati Red, but the white with red frame, that's just butter.

Way to go Ducati, you even made it "reasonably" priced too.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

I voted cool. The 1X98 and the 848 incarnation never made me :kicking: like the 916-998/748 incarnation and the 999/749 incarnation did.

And Wrider cannot question my taste in looks just because I love the Terblanche designed 999 since I love the 916 as well which the general consensus on its looks has always been positive. :laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Not much to debate about when it comes to the coolness of a Ducati sportbike is there?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Not much to debate about when it comes to the coolness of a Ducati sportbike is there?
Yes and no. haha. Personally, I really think the LOOKS of the Ducati is amazing and so is the exhaust, but that dry clutch sound is really a Fail for me... ooo, it's a-kin to nails on a chalkboard.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#6 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Yes and no. haha. Personally, I really think the LOOKS of the Ducati is amazing and so is the exhaust, but that dry clutch sound is really a Fail for me... ooo, it's a-kin to nails on a chalkboard.
Gaaah, I hate those! I have no idea why people thought that incessant rattling sounded cool. Fortunately (IMHO), Ducati seems to be abandoning dry clutches. IIRC, I think it's just the Streetfighter (their oldest bike that's still in production) that uses a dry clutch.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yes, Ducati is moving in that direction to abandon those dry clutches and thank god, to me, that sound just didn't "sound right" coming from such a beautiful motorcycle... I'm sure most people will think "oh dear, something wrong with that guys/girls bike engine" and that's really NOT the first impression you want to make right?

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Voting is going very well. I'm guessing we might see an "Awesome" come out, what do you all think?

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Wow, this bike just has to be awesome. Their lightest superbike in a super sexy package. What's not to like? :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2012 Ducati 848 EVO: Voted - Awesome

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks everyone for voting! Indeed, the 2012 Ducati 848 EVO has finished not only AWESOME but the 2012 Ducati 848 EVO is now (to date) the Coolest bike on our cool wall, beating out the 2012 Yamaha VMAX / VMX17 (Apr 6th - Apr 13th, 2012) by 2%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Ducati 848 EVO is...

Awesome 72%
Cool 22%
Uncool 6%
Fail 0%

Next cool wall bike is now up. Tell your friends!

Mike