So, I have to re-take my road test for a car and bike!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: So, I have to re-take my road test for a car and bike!

#11 Unread post by blues2cruise »

[quote="totalmotorcycle"

At least we can still ride on our UK licence for a brief time till our MSF courses start.

Mike[/quote]

You mean you could if you had a motorcycle to ride. :P :lol: :mrgreen:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:You mean you could if you had a motorcycle to ride. :P :lol: :mrgreen:
Oh, that's just rubbing salt into the wound!! :laughing:

I saw this one today up: http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3153898073.html makes me think I want an Aprilia...

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#13 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:You mean you could if you had a motorcycle to ride. :P :lol: :mrgreen:
Oh, that's just rubbing salt into the wound!! :laughing:

I saw this one today up: http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3153898073.html makes me think I want an Aprilia...

Mike
Better ask SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) first and she what she has to say. Better yet, get her sort out with her dream bike first, then make your pitch. :lol:
Always ask why.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#14 Unread post by Wrider »

Tuono FTW!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wrider wrote:Tuono FTW!
Ah, those are great, great bikes... I've drooled over one in the UK and really thought it would be my next bike, but after sitting on one (more like on-top of one), they just don't have the comfort factor I was looking for... but design wise.. ah, but what a beautiful piece of art! :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#16 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

That Shiver looks fantastic though.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:That Shiver looks fantastic though.
True enough and the color is fanastic (to me anyways)... but I might just go the way of a classy Bonneville T100 too (as I don't have to put up with a cold engine here in Houston!) haha. :D

Mike

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#18 Unread post by Brackstone »

Welcome to America, where all of your education, skills, and abilities mean nothing because you learned them in another country and America does everything better than everyone else!

Oh I almost forgot to add.

If you spend a day in traffic court you'll see at least 5 people with DUIs or DWIs get to keep their license because the judge doesn't want to rob them of their means of getting to work. Also my brother in law has 10 (Ten) points on his license and his insurance costs close to $8,000 a year. But they won't revoke his license because he would not be able to get to work. Also yes he got all of those points hitting people, other cars, and inanimate objects.

But your from Canada so unless your here to teach me how to play hockey or get maple syrup your wrong about everything else :P

YAY AMERICA!
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#19 Unread post by Wrider »

Brackstone wrote: If you spend a day in traffic court you'll see at least 5 people with DUIs or DWIs get to keep their license because the judge doesn't want to rob them of their means of getting to work. Also my brother in law has 10 (Ten) points on his license and his insurance costs close to $8,000 a year. But they won't revoke his license because he would not be able to get to work. Also yes he got all of those points hitting people, other cars, and inanimate objects.
FWIW I've had a lot of points on my license before, but not one of them for an accident. I just like putting the hammer down too much lol.

Also, my neighbor is a 19 year old kid who has 2 DUIs, an accident, no license, suspended jailtime, and still drives daily... Very tempting to just spike his tires every time I see his car.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brackstone wrote:Welcome to America, where all of your education, skills, and abilities mean nothing because you learned them in another country and America does everything better than everyone else!

Oh I almost forgot to add.

If you spend a day in traffic court you'll see at least 5 people with DUIs or DWIs get to keep their license because the judge doesn't want to rob them of their means of getting to work. Also my brother in law has 10 (Ten) points on his license and his insurance costs close to $8,000 a year. But they won't revoke his license because he would not be able to get to work. Also yes he got all of those points hitting people, other cars, and inanimate objects.

But your from Canada so unless your here to teach me how to play hockey or get maple syrup your wrong about everything else :P

YAY AMERICA!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOVE IT!

Mike