2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout CVO: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Harley-Davidson FXSBSE CVO Breakout is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout CVO: Voted Awesome

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSBSE CVO Breakout on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... eakout.htm

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSBSE CVO Breakout

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSBSE CVO Breakout

Slammed and chopped style goes premium in this all-new CVO motorcycle. From stunning details and finishes to brawny power, the only thing low about this sport custom is its silhouette.

The 2013 Harley-Davidson® CVO Breakout motorcycle is muscle in motion. This new, limited-production Softail® model from Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations combines the unrelenting power of the Twin Cam 110B engine with a level of custom detailing that is unmatched on a production motorcycle. Curbside, the Breakout motorcycle rests with a proud rake and dazzling finish. On the road, the CVO Breakout motorcycle is a chrome-plated fist punching the air with each twist of the throttle.

Harley-Davidson® CVO motorcycles are customized using exclusive components and paint trea ents combined with numerous items from Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories. The CVO Program is often used to introduce new custom components and techniques before they are offered as individual accessories.

The Breakout motorcycle is intended to project a tough attitude, according to Harley-Davidson Motor Company Styling Manager, Kirk Rasmussen.

"We begin by stripping the bike down to the bones and building up from there," said Rasmussen. "Stylist, Mark Daniels, penned a tough-looking hot rod concept and we were off to the races. To create a compact, muscular profile we've chopped the fenders to the legal limit so more tire rubber is revealed at both ends of the bike. The same principle is applied to the console, where we shaved it down and used braided steel lines for vent tubes. This gives us a larger canvas for paint and finishes, an essential element of the CVO formula."

The CVO Breakout motorcycle's story begins with its Twin Cam 110B engine, a 110-cid V-Twin that pumps out 112 ft. lbs. of peak torque to give the CVO Breakout motorcycle the best power-to-weight ratio of any current CVO model. The CVO Breakout motorcycle takes production motorcycle paint to a new level of true customization. Two paint schemes feature hand-polished steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders. A third paint option incorporates hand-laid lace stenciling. The amount of manual finishing required to create these painted parts makes each set of bodywork unique.

New polished chrome Turbine wheels are another styling highlight to debut on the CVO Breakout motorcycle. "We gave the Turbine wheel a good deal of drama by pulling the spoke ridges all the way through to the rim, which help make the wheel diameter look larger," said Rasmussen. "The front wheel has 21 spokes. I think the ridges on the rear wheel look a little scary. The dramatic diameter of the 21-inch front wheel with a 130 mm tire and the 18-inch rear wheel with a 240 mm tire give the bike a strong proportional foundation."

Other custom details introduced on the CVO Breakout motorcycle include a wide front end with a mini headlamp nacelle, and a chromed cast-aluminum oil tank. The Softail® chassis mimics the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame, but utilizes rear suspension control provided by coil-over shock absorbers mounted horizontally and out of sight within the frame rails. Electronic cruise control, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), keyless ignition, and the Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System are standard equipment on the CVO Breakout model.

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSBSE CVO Breakout - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: Custom Color Option $26,499
Canada MSRP Price: $ 30,099

DIMENSIONS
Length 96.3 in.
Seat Height, Laden 724.8 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 725.8 in.
Ground Clearance 4.2 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 37
Trail 5.7 in.
Wheelbase 67.3 in.
Tires, Front Specification 130/60B21 63H
Tires, Rear Specification 240/40R18 79V
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 698 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 728 lb.
Luggage Capacity -Volume N/A
Luggage Capacity -Weight N/A

ENGINE
Engine 1Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™
Bore 4 in.
Stroke 4.38 in.
Displacement 110 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)

DRIVETRAIN
Primary DriveChain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79

CHASSIS
Exhaust Chrome, shorty-dual exhaust w/ slashdown chrome mufflers and chrome heat shields
Wheels, Optional Style Type 9 N/A
Wheels, Front Type 9 Mirror Chrome Turbine Custom Wheels
Wheels, Rear Type 9 Mirror Chrome Turbine Custom Wheels
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front; 2-piston floating rear
Parking Brake N/A

PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 112 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 25.3
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 26.2
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 45 mpg

ELECTRIC
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8High-beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system, 6-speed, low fuel warning, cruise control, ABS
GaugesNew- 4 in. Combination Digital Speedometer / Analog Tachometer
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week- 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout CVO: Vote & Dis

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BRAND NEW MODEL from Harley-Davidson from 2013! Sometimes Harley-Davidson will release a new model to the CVO line first to see how it's received by motorcyclists before putting it into production.

Tell Harley-Davidson what you think and IF the 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout should be in the main line!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

it just screams...."look at me, look at me, aren't a badass?" when in fact it is really saying "hi, I am a poser, an accountant pretending to be an outlaw on the weekends" It's the perfect bike for the wanna be crowd that "Pretend to ride, ride to pretend" FAIL!!!!!!!
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:it just screams...."look at me, look at me, aren't a badass?" when in fact it is really saying "hi, I am a poser, an accountant pretending to be an outlaw on the weekends" It's the perfect bike for the wanna be crowd that "Pretend to ride, ride to pretend" FAIL!!!!!!!
LOL :laughing: Well, I am always encouraging opinions and that's definately an opinion! Well done.

"Pretend to ride, ride to pretend", that's pretty good (although I'm sure some won't appreciate your humor). BTW - Did you make that up or?

Ok, Question for ya, what would (in your opinion) Harley-Davidson have to do to make the 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout not a poser bike?

Mike

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
ceemes wrote:it just screams...."look at me, look at me, aren't a badass?" when in fact it is really saying "hi, I am a poser, an accountant pretending to be an outlaw on the weekends" It's the perfect bike for the wanna be crowd that "Pretend to ride, ride to pretend" FAIL!!!!!!!
LOL :laughing: Well, I am always encouraging opinions and that's definately an opinion! Well done.

"Pretend to ride, ride to pretend", that's pretty good (although I'm sure some won't appreciate your humor). BTW - Did you make that up or?

Ok, Question for ya, what would (in your opinion) Harley-Davidson have to do to make the 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout not a poser bike?

Mike
Wish I could claim the credit for coining the phrase, "Pretend to ride, ride to pretend", I can't, here is where I got it.

As for what HD could to this two bit tart of a bike to make it less of a poser-mobile....I think running it through the local scrapyard crusher would be a damn good start.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Funny enough, both the Japanese bike rider and the American bike rider in that YouTube skit have so much in common they can't even see it. :D

But the point should be made, no matter what you ride, where you ride or how you ride, you are part of the "total" motorcycle culture. :revv:

Mike

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I think HD have had a lot of fresh and innovative takes on cruisers, like with the various V-Rods and XRs, and some of the Dark Customs like the Iron 883 and Forty Eight.

But the Breakout just looks . . . uninteresting. And dated. And like the first idea that came to mind. "Let's slap on lots of chrome and and a metalflake paint job." It looks like a prop for one of Sigfried and Roy's shows.

It's hard to blame H-D on stuff like this. The V-Rods and XRs don't sell, and I assume bikes like the Breakout do. And $26,500 must result in a lot of profit per unit for a bike that barely needed any engineering R&D.

PS, on a practical note, how the heck do you polish all that chrome? You'd end up spending more time cleaning it than riding it.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Ok, Question for ya, what would (in your opinion) Harley-Davidson have to do to make the 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout not a poser bike?
I think the era of the non-poser Harley ended with the death of the Shovel.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#9 Unread post by jstark47 »

OK, it's a pretty bike, so what? $26K for a 110 motor and a lot of pretty paint and chrome? No thanks. It's a toss up between uncool and fail.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

#10 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

The breakout seems to be the perfect combination of an FL (softail) and an FX (dyna) and it couldn't be more awesome.

Some people in this thread seem to be getting butthurt about the weekend warrior types but everyone needs to remember that those people are not limited to Harley Davidson, and they only represent a small group of people who ride HD.