2013 Honda CB1100 Naked: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked is...

You may select 1 option

View results

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: This Week - 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked: Vote & Discuss

#11 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote: but the range is more than enough considering that it gets great mileage.
That mileage is kind of bogus, it is only obtained at a constant 60kmph; we were talking about that on another thread here at TMW. I'm sure the real mileage will be something around low to high 40 mpg.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#12 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote: but the range is more than enough considering that it gets great mileage.
That mileage is kind of bogus, it is only obtained at a constant 60kmph; we were talking about that on another thread here at TMW. I'm sure the real mileage will be something around low to high 40 mpg.
I dunno - to me that still adds up to 175 miles or better of range using your " real world" figures. As a guy who toured on a VTR1000 for 11 years getting 175 km to the tank, I would have loved this kind of range....

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

About the milage. It seems the engine was tuned to be less stressed and thus that is why Honda is getting such great gas milage also the less stressed engine will last forever as well.

There is something great to be said about an engine like that.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

William
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Newest: '15 ZX-14R Ninja, plus 2 others.

#14 Unread post by William »

I like it. I liked the air-cooled inline fours before I even owned my first motorcycle. If they bring it here, I might even sell my '82 Suzuki GS1100GL so I can have the downpayent to buy one.
1982 Suzuki GS1100GL, 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2015 Kawasaki ZX-14R Ninja.

2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 sport/4wd ATV, 2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS SE utility ATV

2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd 4 door, 2008 Toyota Highlander AWD

Born, raised, and spent most of my life in Florida until I moved to Farmington, New Mexico April 2011. Yes, I'm in the wonderful Four Corners area.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome.

What a really, really cool Retro bike and why didn't Honda make something just like this years ago? No matter, the market is ripe with bikers like myself (and older) who enjoy a classy retro where power isn't as important as style and looks. The Honda designers really thought this one out and I'm actually quite surprised it wasn't launched in North America first rather than Japan/Australia/Europe. Didn't the first CB750K's come to the USA first?

Speaking of which, why didn't they use a 750cc engine and really match the CB750K rather than an 1100cc? Kinda strange if you ask me, but it still looks killer IMO and sub-100hp is just fine with me. Now if Honda can get the bike around $10k get ready for a retro resurgence!

....about the MPG, pretty darn amazing! If it truly gets that great MPG then no need at all for a huge tank.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side

#16 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I voted: Awesome.

What a really, really cool Retro bike and why didn't Honda make something just like this years ago?
Hehe - like maybe back in 1969?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:I voted: Awesome.

What a really, really cool Retro bike and why didn't Honda make something just like this years ago?
Hehe - like maybe back in 1969?
True dat!

In fact, wouldn't it be cool to see more retro bikes like a REAL Kawasaki Z (yes, like the Z1 or Z900), even a GPz, a GS750 or even a Yamaha Seca 650R (oh please) come up again? What about a turbo 500cc? :drool:

In fact, I think Suzuki should have made a GS750E from the 2000+ GS500E they had rather than discontinue it, wouldn't that be cool? Well, I guess Andrea's GSX750Y was the closest to we will get to that! viewtopic.php?t=38396

Mike

High_Side

#18 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
In fact, wouldn't it be cool to see more retro bikes like a REAL Kawasaki Z (yes, like the Z1 or Z900),
They tried it with the Zephyr 1100 which is one of the nicest retro bikes to date. Too bad that it was overpriced and they hardly sold any of them....

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
In fact, wouldn't it be cool to see more retro bikes like a REAL Kawasaki Z (yes, like the Z1 or Z900),
They tried it with the Zephyr 1100 which is one of the nicest retro bikes to date. Too bad that it was overpriced and they hardly sold any of them....
Funny enough I'm doing a 41 year "ultimate guide to the Z" and the Zephyr series of course is in there. In fact, I looked at buying a 1993 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 which the seller said the "only one in Alberta". It was a good series but by the time the Zephyr's rolled into the show room Kawasaki's "Z" wasn't more than a shadow of the original Z concept and as you said, overpriced too. Things started falling apart for the "Z" as the top of the line sport engine when Kawasaki introduced the GPz's.

Mike

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#20 Unread post by sapaul »

While I personally like the look of the bike, I think they sat around the boardroom and said, hey we need a retro to compete with all the other retro's out there, lets go bigger and better. For this I voted "fail" i think they could have easily produced a far better bike in the 750 class. Modern tech would have given it everything it needed with a smaller price tag and just as much performance. Plus the added "I would rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"

I think they would have had bigger sales and a bigger following with a smaller CC bike.

regards

Capt Grumpy
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R