totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: What did you do today...

#4951 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ninja Geoff wrote:It's Thanksgiving in the states! You should be pigging out on turkey and stuff.
We had it a month ago (haha), although there are ribs in the oven for tonight! :D

Oh, and we bought Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream: http://www.bluebell.com/the_little_crea ... pecan.html

The newest creation from Blue Bell is not your basic pumpkin ice cream. Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream is sweetened and spiced to perfection. It is a delightful spiced pumpkin ice cream combined with tasty sugar-coated pecans and a rich cinnamon-honey-praline sauce.
“This is a recipe we have been working on for some time,” said Carl Breed, director of marketing for Blue Bell. “You have your basic pumpkin ice cream that is popular during the fall months, but we wanted to create a flavor that was much more than simply pumpkin. We tried several different combinations of added ingredients until we found one we could not stop sampling.”

The sugar-coated pecans and cinnamon-honey-praline sauce are what set this pumpkin based ice cream apart from all the rest. “The pecans and sauce are what really enhance the flavor of this ice cream,” Breed added. “The spiced pumpkin ice cream is very similar to what a pumpkin pie tastes like, add in the sweetness from the pecans and sauce and you have something spectacular.”

Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream will debut in stores in November and is only available while supplies last
YUM!

Wrider wrote:Ummm, ya may want to edit that url there Mr. TotalMotorcycle...
LOL... It's funny eh? I read it somewhere years ago and have been using it since. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4952 Unread post by Wrider »

Lol wow... I'll bet they registered it so that it didn't fall into some bad hands.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#4953 Unread post by VermilionX »

just went black friday window shopping.

have some money of course, but having no job right now makes me hesitant to buy stuff i don't really need. lolz... sigh.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4954 Unread post by madjak30 »

Just finished installing a new CV shaft and two front struts on my VW Jetta...took longer than I thought...more work to be done, but the shop is getting some work...I can't spend all my time home working on my commuter car.

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4955 Unread post by jstark47 »

Got cortisone shots this morning for my f'd up right shoulder. Rotator cuff problem.

I never had cortisone shots before, didn't know what to expect. Appointment was at 9:45 am, rode the bike down to the doctor's and then straight up to work. About 2:00 my shoulder and bicep started feeling numb and weak. Ummm...... I have to ride that motorcycle home, y'know. :blink:

Fortunately it was better by quitting time. Called the doctor, they assured me this was temporary and normal for these shots.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#4956 Unread post by dr_bar »

jstark47 wrote:Got cortisone shots this morning for my f'd up right shoulder. Rotator cuff problem.
Stretched my right rotator cuff to the max in a fall at work back in about 1993 or so, still bothers me today. If I had torn it, they would have gone in and done a repair job, no such luck though. I quit playing golf because of it, though I picked up the clubs this summer for the first time in almost 20 years... I hope your experience is better than mine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4957 Unread post by jstark47 »

dr_bar wrote:
jstark47 wrote:Got cortisone shots this morning for my f'd up right shoulder. Rotator cuff problem.
Stretched my right rotator cuff to the max in a fall at work back in about 1993 or so, still bothers me today. If I had torn it, they would have gone in and done a repair job, no such luck though. I quit playing golf because of it, though I picked up the clubs this summer for the first time in almost 20 years... I hope your experience is better than mine.
I have to get an Xray so the doc can make sure there's no bone chips or spurs in there. Then it's ice packs and PT, and diclofenac if I need it....... and evaluate after the PT, I guess.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#4958 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Worked 13 hours, went to a bar for an hour, then a club for 3, with 2 - 3 hours of driving in there. i am spent.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4959 Unread post by Wrider »

Gonna get some sleep, then I have a pretty busy next 72 hours planned. Gotta finish my 3 page paper due at 0800 Friday, pack up hunting and mechanic gear, work my 8 hour shift, drop the paper off, skip out, go to the local community college where I have a firefighter physical test, run home, get my hunting and mechanic gear, drive 2.5 hours, work on his bike and figure out why it's not firing over, get some sleep Friday night, and I'm going goose hunting early Saturday morning!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#4960 Unread post by dr_bar »

Right after I finish my shift Friday morning, I'm off to the airport and flying to Calgary. Benefit concert Saturday night, grandsons first hockey game sunday morning, fly home in the late afternoon, then off to work for two hours of pre-shift OT...

7th Annual Calgary Women's Emergency Shelter Benefit Concert
8 December at 7:00pm

The Blind Beggar Pub in Calgary, Alberta
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"