freebird73
Regular
Regular
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2007 yamaha yzf 600r

Re: Why a 600cc Sportbike is not a good Beginner Bike

#41 Unread post by freebird73 »

I absolutely agree Story, I do need more time to practice, like I mentioned if I had it to do over, i would have gotten the smaller bike...

when i read the article it said that after we newbies come to the forums to try and plead our case about why we should be the exception to the rule, you never hear from us again...

My (new) learning experience with riding has been awesome!! and terrifying, and gratifying, and scary and fun... there are so many words but you were new once so im sure you can remember...

the pure terror and adrenaline the first time on the frwy, in the slow lane mid day doing 60mph is one of my proudest moments. The first time i had to split lanes i was in a do or die situation. Fire closed the frwy it was either sit on the side of the road engine off in traffic or grow a pair and go, i went, followed behind a much bigger bike, figured if he fit so would I....The thrill and adrenaline an fear was the first time I actually felt like a rider... there are no words to tell you how I felt.

My fall was so ....FAST! i am truly amazed at how fast the mind can process thoughts and flash from OH SH*T i fell to where is my shoe? what a terrifyingly amazing experience... I am humbled and aware of how very lucky i was.

i read everything and take advice when its offered, shoulda, coulda, woulda,
but
I love riding, and I can't beat myself up with what ifs....
so this has been some of my experiences with my 600cc bike

Anant
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Pulsar (2012 / Bajaj / 150 Dtsi)

#42 Unread post by Anant »

Many people say that it's not good to start out with anything over 500 cc when you're a beginner, but my first bike was a Honda cbr600. My advice is to respect the bike, no matter the size of the engine.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#43 Unread post by Johnj »

I see your riding a Pulsar 150 now.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#44 Unread post by Hanson »

A motorcycle is just an object and lacks the capacity to care if you respect it or not. What a rider needs to respect is his own limitations and that requires an honest and objective evaluation of attitude, skills, and knowledge. This is true of any hazardous endeavor and it is not at all unique to motorcycling. It is more than useless to respect the bike, it is dangerous, as this is indicative of faulty reasoning.

Nosce te ipsum
ImageImage

christiniawd
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: Christini AWD 450

#45 Unread post by christiniawd »

I think you should start real small get the feel of a motorcycle on a small dirt bike with upright riding position. You learn the throttle, clutch, brakes etc. And you can touch the ground no problem. The move up in size but stay on the dirt in a grass field etc before heading to the asphalt at all. The maybe a dual sport bike. Get used to riding in traffic, get used to using you signals. But you have a great deal more control and can get out of trouble easier on a off-road based geometry because you have more leverage at the bars and your head is up. Take a class..Do be foolish and just jump right onto the road on a big bike. Most accidents happen the first month you own or ride your bike...

shahneel355
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2010, Yamaha, Fazer

#46 Unread post by shahneel355 »

600cc bike not good for beginner because 6ooc bike is very heavy and it also have very fast pick up speed.