2013 MV Agusta Rivale 800: Coolness Factor = 61.5%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 MV Agusta Rivale 800 is..

You may select 1 option

View results

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: This week: 2013 MV Agusta Rivale 800: Vote Today

#11 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It looks like a transformer.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#12 Unread post by sapaul »

I think if I squeezed into to really tight leathers and spanked this thing around the track ............................ it might make me look good

so for me it gets an awesome.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#13 Unread post by Johnj »

sapaul wrote:I think if I squeezed into to really tight leathers..... it might make me look good.
:laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Who voted fail?

Well, I did. Surprise. :)

I just see the new 2013 MV Agusta Rivale 800 as a copied Ducati or even BMW, it's too similar to what is already being put out by those two companies. I'm mostly talking about the design (not the engine) here, and I'm just not a fan of that particular "duckbill" design, I think it's pretty awful really, but that isn't a slight to those who actually like that look, it just rubs me the wrong way is all, and I did own a V-Strom...

That said, MV Agusta is a big design leader, it could do so much more than copy other bikes, after all I, myself, hold MV Agusta above BMW and Ducati, they are the Lamborghini of the motorcycle world, it would be like Lamborghini copying a BMW.

I guess if I saw a Rivale 800 rolling up I couldn't but think... wow, you had SOOOO many other choices from MV Agusta, and you picked that?

Ah well, hopefully my fail vote won't taint anyone's opinion.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#15 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I won't hold it against ya..fer long nah just kiddin hey there is a butt for every seat!!!!! I look at the MV and I see a low slung nice looking exhaust, a trellace frame to show off that beauty of a motor (as much as an I4 can be) huge binders on the front fairly decent tubes in the front it appears,a sleek headlight setup that doesn't look like it compromises usage, a short wheel base BORN TO HANDLE!!! and a rear that appears functionally cleaned up for lack of better words a nice butt. The Duc is cool but a Desmo costs lots to keep up over an I4.
there aint nothin like it

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#16 Unread post by HYPERR »

I voted fail as it is a shameless ripoff of the Hyper. Not as blatant of a ripoff as the Aprilia Dorsodoro or whatever that thing is called. It's not a bad looking bike at all, certainly far better looking than the mfugly dorsodorodoodoo. That said, I would expect a lot more originality from MV Agusta than this.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#17 Unread post by jstark47 »

I have a feeling I'd like its looks better in person than in a picture. In pictures I'm not crazy about it, except for that triple exhaust. But it gets a Cool vote from me just on the basis of its "triple"-ness.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#18 Unread post by Hanson »

BRUMBEAR wrote:I won't hold it against ya..fer long nah just kiddin hey there is a butt for every seat!!!!! I look at the MV and I see a low slung nice looking exhaust, a trellace frame to show off that beauty of a motor (as much as an I4 can be) huge binders on the front fairly decent tubes in the front it appears,a sleek headlight setup that doesn't look like it compromises usage, a short wheel base BORN TO HANDLE!!! and a rear that appears functionally cleaned up for lack of better words a nice butt. The Duc is cool but a Desmo costs lots to keep up over an I4.
Truth ... there is a butt for every seat.

I always feel a bit guilty about making critical comments about a motorcycle as there will always be someone who loves even the ugliest bike. A bit of Texas wisdom is never to say anything nasty about a man's dog, a man's girl or a man's truck, but then the purpose of these threads is to express what you think about each entry and the feedback might be of some utility to the manufacturers.

Did I mention that the Rivale is butt ugly?

Sexy? Only if a steroid abusing female body builder is sexy, but some man will find her so.

When I first started thinking about riding again the only bikes that appealed to me where naked standards. I rode a CB400T a long time ago and I just felt a connection to the UJM form, but the more I have looked at different motorcycles the more I like almost all of them from sports bikes to duel sports and even some of the cruisers. There truly is a butt for every seat.
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great discussion this week on MV Agusta's latest offering, the Rivale 800, which I had to look up the Italian work "Rivale" and it means in English: "Pizza dough"... lol. No, actually it doesn't, did I fool you? It's mean Rival, like "he is my rival".

I hated to have voted fail on it, and I was definitely the odd man out there as when I did, there were 0 fail votes. Usually I wait till the end of the week to vote so I don't influence votes, with 8 fail votes in, maybe I voted too early? No matter, the Rivale 800 did very well, with Awesome being the most voted by far and the bike ending up at a very respectable 61.5% TMW Coolness Factor.

Next bike is now up for voting on, have fun!!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.