2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC - Coolness Factor = 80.8%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC - Coolness Factor = 80.8%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... R-APRC.htm

2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC

FROM APRILIA'S DOMINATION IN THE WORLD SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP, THE MOTORCYCLE THAT ALREADY SET NEW STANDARDS FOR THE SUPERSPORTS STREET BIKE GENRE: APRILIA RSV4 R APRC.

A SYMBOL OF THE “RACE READY” BIKE, RSV4 R APRC IS EVEN FASTER AND SAFER ON THE TRACK TODAY THANKS TO THE APRC DYNAMIC CONTROLS PACKAGE.

THREE INNOVATIVE SYSTEMS PATENTED BY APRILIA WHICH CONSTANTLY MONITOR THE DYNAMIC CONDITIONS OF THE BIKE AND OPERATE ON THE ENGINE CONTROL TO SUPPORT THE RIDER IN REACHING MAXIMUM RACING SPEED.

Racing heritage

Created with the single-minded goal of being simply the best on the track and on the road, since its inception the Aprilia RSV4 has astonished the world with its looks, technology and performance. The first 65° V-4 engine ever in a sports production bike, a chassis worthy of a 250 GP, Ride By Wire, multimap engine management: all these are accomplished achievements for the Aprilia RSV4, that tops unique architecture and specs with Aprilia's signature excellent rideability brought to the next level.

2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC - Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $18,999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $19,599 CDN

Engine: Aprilia longitudinal 65° V-4 cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooling system, double overhead camshafts (DOHC), four valves per cylinder.

Bore x Stroke: 78 x 52.3 mm

Total displacement: 999.6 cc

Compression ratio: 13:1

Maximum power at the crank: 180 HP (132.4 kW) at 12,250 rpm

Maximum torque at the crank: 115 Nm at 10,000 rpm

Fuel system: Airbox with front dynamic air intakes. Variable length intake ducts controlled via ECU. 4 Weber-Marelli 48-mm throttle bodies with 8 injectors and latest generation Ride-by-Wire engine management. Choice of three different engine maps selectable by the rider with bike in motion: T (Track), S (Sport), R (Road) Totalmotorcycle.com

Ignition: Magneti Marelli digital electronic ignition system integrated in engine control system, with one spark plug per cylinder and “stick-coil”-type coils.

Starting: Electric

Exhaust: 4 into 2 into 1 layout, single oxygen sensor, lateral single silencer with engine control unit-controlled butterfly valve and integrated trivalent catalytic converter (Euro 3).

Generator: Flywheel mounted 420W alternator with rare earth magnets.

Lubrification: Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling).

Gear box: 6-speed cassette type gearbox 1st: 38/16 (2.375) 2nd: 35/18 (1.944) 3rd: 28/17 (1.647) 4th: 32/22 (1,455) 5th: 34/26 (1,308) 6th: 33/27 (1,222) Gear lever with Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system (AQS)

Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch with mechanical slipper system.

Primary drive: Straight cut gears and integrated flexible coupling, drive ratio: 73/44 (1,659).

Final drive: Chain: Drive ratio: 42/16 (2.625).

Frame: Twin-spar adjustable aluminium frame, with castings and pressings. Envisaged adjustments: • headstock position and rake • engine height • swingarm pin height Öhlins adjustable steering damper

Front suspension: Öhlins Racing upside-down fork, Æ 43-mm stanchions (with Tin surface treatment). Low profile forged aluminium radial caliper mountings. Completely adjustable spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping. Wheel travel: 120 mm. Totalmotorcycle.com

Rear suspension: Double braced aluminium swingarm; mixed low thickness and sheet casting technology. Öhlins Racing mono-shock absorber with completely adjustable piggy-back in: spring preload, wheelbase, hydraulic compression and rebound damping. APS progressive linkage. Wheel travel 130mm.

Brakes: Front: Dual 320-mm diameter floating stainless steel disc with lightweight stainless steel rotor and aluminium flange with 6 pins. Brembo monobloc radial callipers with 4 Æ34-mm opposite. Sintered pads. Totalmotorcycle.com . Radial pump and metal braided brake hose. Rear: 220-mm diameter disc; Brembo floating calliper with two Æ32mm isolated pistons. Pump with integrated tank and metal braided hose .

Wheels: Aprilia forged aluminium alloy rims, completely machined, 5 split spokes. Front:3.5”X17” Rear: 6”X17”

Tires: Radial tubeless. Front: 120/70 ZR 17 Rear: 200/55 ZR 17 (alternative: 190/50 ZR 17; 190/55 ZR 17)

Dimensions: Max. length: 2040 mm Max. width: 735 mm (at the handlebar) Max. height: 1120 mm Min. height from the ground: 130 mm Saddle height: 845 mm Centre to centre distance: 1420 mm Trail: 105 mm Steering angle:24.5°

Dry weight: 179 kg *

Fuel tank capacity: 17 litres (4-litre reserve included).

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... R-APRC.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: This week: 2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC: Vote Today

#2 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Awesome plain and simple. Again I am not a race replica guy and don't care for fairings , this machine is a work of art top to bottom end of story, I must give the bike it's due.
there aint nothin like it

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

Awesome. Considering it undercuts the HP4's price and is so close in specs that it's only noticed by the best of the best racers...

The electronics are awesome, wheelie control, launch control, ABS, traction control... Plus the fact that it can all be turned off, it's just plain and simple awesome.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

This thing has more tech features and gadgets than the space shuttle. They sure have come a long way from their moped days. I voted "cool".
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wrider wrote:Awesome. Considering it undercuts the HP4's price and is so close in specs that it's only noticed by the best of the best racers...

The electronics are awesome, wheelie control, launch control, ABS, traction control... Plus the fact that it can all be turned off, it's just plain and simple awesome.
Voted Awesome

I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes and with the Aprilia brand name (who also owns Moto Guzzi.. hehe), it's awesome +. But comfort, that would be a distance uncool for anything other than a hour or less ride (for me anyways).

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#6 Unread post by ZRex »

I love V-4s engines and I love the looks, so I have to vote Awesome.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

The bike looks like an ugly mishmash of designs they stole off various bikes from Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Honda. :?

FAIL
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:The bike looks like an ugly mishmash of designs they stole off various bikes from Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Honda. :?

FAIL
Funny you should mention that as when I read what you wrote it made me think, I wonder if we will look back and say "This is what a new millennium UJM looks like" vs the 80's UJM we all know today...

That look is a very successful design, thus it's very popular for sure. Although, there is more attention to the finer details (fit and finish) in an Aprilia than the others, and sometimes, that's the big difference.

Mike

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#9 Unread post by Wrider »

HYPERR wrote:The bike looks like an ugly mishmash of designs they stole off various bikes from Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Honda. :?

FAIL
Coming from the guy that owns a duckface??? :mrgreen:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#10 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

It's not the latest and greatest (compared with the Panigale and HP4 at least), but it's still an awesome engine in an awesome bike. I'm glad they're using that engine in other models like the Tuono and Caponord.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."