Shriker
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 37
My Motorcycle: '13 VMax,'98 VTR1000F, '87 XT350

Re: This week: 2014 Ducati Monster 1200: Vote Today

#11 Unread post by Shriker »

I agree , Mike......awesome new Ducati effort , IF you can fit on it......

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I ended up voting awesome on this one. It is soooo sexy, soooo beautiful and I can't believe the price for what you get! If you are a rider with lots of experience and could actually use the power of this baby then it would be a wicked ride I am sure. I kind of only wanted to vote a Cool because of the rear fender (I am hating the new Ducati rear fender look) but then it's only the rear fender that sucks and everything else really is awesome. :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 is:

Awesome (3 points) 61% [ 31 ]
Cool (2 points) 37% [ 19 ]
Uncool (1 point) 2% [ 1 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes : 51

= a Coolwall Factor of 62.3%

NOTES: It's rare to have a big enter the Cool Wall so late in the year and rocket to the #1 spot but here you have it! Since inception, the Ducati's Monster series has always been a great looking bike and in 2014 Ducati has taken that iconic look and further improved it. But it's more than looks, it's also Ducati keeps improving the engineering and not only by offering more power, functions and features but by making the engine less maintenance intensive as well. It's no wonder then that the Monster 1200 is at the top of the charts so far in 2013.

Next bike is now up for voting on, have fun!!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 - Coolness Factor = 86.2%

#14 Unread post by High_Side »

Too bad that I missed this one - I really have a love / hate relationship with Ducati. The last couple we have owned have been less than stellar, however Jen loves her Monster even if it is underpowered and has budget suspension. Jen loving her Monster wasn't always the case as the stock seat was like sitting on a sloped pine bench. The real reason for all of the love is the seat height, which is exactly why this new Monster could be awesome. I say "could be " awesome" because with a newer Ducati you never know what you are going to get. The fueling will likely be too lean, requiring $$$$ to pay the Termi-tax to make the bloody thing run correctly. The seat will likely suck, requiring a $400 replacement. The suspension on this one should be ok, as Ducati do a better job with their high end bikes in this regard. So then the only real way to know is to demo one of them for yourselves - which is exactly what we will do come spring. If it is good, then all I have to do is convince her that twice the hp of her 696 is what she really needs :laughing:

Oh yeah - it will also have to come in white :mrgreen: