GS_in_CO
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: 1988 BMW R100GS

Re: running issue

#11 Unread post by GS_in_CO »

Oh- there's also the 'vibrating loose connection' possibility. Ground for ignition coming undone?
Ron

Current: 1988 BMW R100GS (the 'numberplate' model)

Past: 1987 Yamaha XT350
1983 Honda CB900F
1980 Honda XL185S
1979 Suzuki GS425E

bshannon_1
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: 1983 honda cb650sc nighthawk

Re: running issue

#12 Unread post by bshannon_1 »

Ok. I check the vent and it is not clogged. I do have a clear in-line fuel filter and in watching the flow it's more than adequate. I do use fuel stabilizer when I know I will not be ridding for a given period or going to store it for the winter. So the fuel is good. I am leaning towards the stator possibly having a short, and the correct line of thinking is that it would blow the fuse. I have checked all the fuses and there good and even tried replacing them with new ones in case there is a micro break. I'm going to try cleaning the emergency stop switch and the start button in case there is any corrosion that could cause the problem. I am also putting the original wiring harness back in to eliminate the possibility of a nick in one of the lines that could cause a short. Again I have checked the battery and it is holding a charge. I will update when I gat these things done. Thank you to all.