ronrex
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

Re: Hi Viz . . . yay or nay?

#11 Unread post by ronrex »

I like joe rocket yellow or red. I also use black reflective 3m lightning bolt decals on my helmet for the night....but, yeah. High viz does rock. I would definitely consider it if I didnt have all the other stuff.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#12 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Thumper wrote:Yep.

(the pants are cool weather only...but yeah, I rock the hi-viz gear. Helmet & jacket always; if I could find hi-viz mesh pants I'd wear that when it's warm instead of the kevlar jeans I usually wear.)
Whoah, that's the brightest combo I've ever seen :shock: . If you're still looking, Motoport makes Hi Viz mesh pants, although I dunno how much you should prioritize hi viz pants. Your helmet and jacket are much more in a driver's line of sight anyway.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#13 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Got a link? I spent 2 months looking for mesh pants and found nothing! (Well, except a couple of places that would custom-make anything for a breathtaking price.)

KTMARCHER
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 55
My Motorcycle: 2013 KTM RC8, 2008 kTM 450 EXCR

#14 Unread post by KTMARCHER »

after 50+ years riding I just assume I am invisable and ride accordingly. Mainly because I have made eye contact numerous times and have my right of way compromised. The cager sometimes wakes up way after his incursion into my space. Hi Vis is for those who believe in unicorns, they are all blind to their situation. I don't rely on the cager tpo be predictable and i don't count on my clothing colors to wake them up. I have over 150,000 miles on a dark bike and dark outfit in LA traffic with no problems. If you think it helps, you are part way toward letting the cager have the say in what he sees.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#15 Unread post by Thumper »

Grey Thumper wrote:If you're still looking, Motoport makes Hi Viz mesh pants, although I dunno how much you should prioritize hi viz pants. Your helmet and jacket are much more in a driver's line of sight anyway.
I'm a bright colors kinda person...I may look for those for the hell of it. Thanks! :)

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#16 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Jarlaxle wrote:Got a link? I spent 2 months looking for mesh pants and found nothing! (Well, except a couple of places that would custom-make anything for a breathtaking price.)
Here you go. http://www.motoport.com/index.php?optio ... 9&Itemid=4

A bit expensive at around $400. There must be other hi viz mesh pants out there.

ronrex
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

#17 Unread post by ronrex »

I like weaving in my lane. it puts motion into the peripherals of the drivers, shines my light in their faces and is fun to do. You can even time it so you have the best escape route or least impact if they pull out or turn. Plus, i wear yellow. I'm pro hi-vis, just can't afford it, so i weave.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#18 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ronrex wrote:I like weaving in my lane. it puts motion into the peripherals of the drivers, shines my light in their faces and is fun to do. You can even time it so you have the best escape route or least impact if they pull out or turn. Plus, i wear yellow. I'm pro hi-vis, just can't afford it, so i weave.
Yellow is good.

drbar taught me to weave in my lane when someone behind starts getting too close. It usually makes them back off.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#19 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

ronrex wrote:I like weaving in my lane. it puts motion into the peripherals of the drivers, shines my light in their faces and is fun to do. You can even time it so you have the best escape route or least impact if they pull out or turn. Plus, i wear yellow. I'm pro hi-vis, just can't afford it, so i weave.
I like weaving as well, and should do it more often. I used to do it a lot when approaching intersections, hoping the lateral motion reminds drivers that I'm there.

Hi Viz doesn't have to be expensive; a reflective vest from your nearest hardware store shouldn't cost much.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yup, Hi-Viz jacket and I always consider my color choices for my bike, helmet, gloves and boots/jeans. I do my very best to stay away from Black and try to pick the brightest of colors.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.