The Oasis of my Soul... A Blog... a Journey on the Road.

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 53
My Motorcycle: 1996 GS1100R + Ural sidear attached

Re: The Oasis of my Soul... A Blog... a Journey on the Road.

#771 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Thank You "Life".

End of summer as I felt fall for the first time with cold hands and finding myself wearing a sweater. All so welcomed. Such freedom I have been thinking while laying on the ground one night, a couple nights ago in Valley of the Gods and watching the stars while seemingly the sky lowering itself and taking me in.

A rare freedom, a luxury. Have we earned it? I found that out when after taking refuge in Bluff for a couple days due to threats of flash flood warnings, while headed back this time to the Gooseneck I suddenly made a U Turn and here we are only a 100 miles from The Oasis, Texas! How can a space where we have already spent five winters call me, pull me so strongly? No arguments on my end, only checking the weather as low eighties will be doable.

The excitement is at its height, if not more than the first time! I know I will be breathing deeper than ever and I cannot help calling it "Home". Home Base is not even a word strong enough anymore.

We are spending a couple nights in Marfa seeing a good Friend of mine. An Author of many books, yet we did not solve anything regarding this fabric of Life we deal with daily. I personally have come to the conclusion that so many questions only have no answers. It is that simple while being "Thankful" towards this path such has put us on, Spirit and I together as one.

I feel as there will be much to do when we arrive and that is not true. There will be right then and there nothing to do, only for the mind to take it all in and conversate with Lance and my Mother who I am sure have been awaiting our return.

How exciting!Can you tell he is still happy?

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash"

8th Year, the Stars, living under them…
http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog...

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/ our Photos...

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#772 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Lazy days at "The Oasis", Texas...

What can I say? After taking refuge in Bluff, Utah, due to flash flood warnings [which I take very seriously], on our way West back to the Gooseneck and Valley of the Gods the little voice in me [sometimes not so little!] told me to get back here... as we did. The forecast was a bit on the warm side for afternoons but today is the last of the 90's we will see and feel for a while. Very doable as the mornings have been cool and even colder throughout the nights.

I have been lazy since arriving here. Riding endlessly those roads we missed so much, star gazing after the few days of fuller Moon, playing with my Buddy who always regains his freedom here running in circle like a madman!

The conclusion always, as appealing is being on the road, a Home Base is needed throughout the year. The outside world has its boundaries here. I am only interested in Mother Nature's politics, its beauty and offerings which are so many surrounding us. Glued eyes on a screen is not my preferred pass-time. I will not be running for Mayor anytime soon...

Tomorrow I will force ourselves to get on a bit further. All is just too comfy here and we don't need to be on the lookout for a black truck passing by a few times an hour or a blown up and smoldering met lab which are events happened recently further North. Pretty incredible how even the spaces containing solitude are changing every year.

Reading, [have you read our Book yet?], riding, cooking, playing... That about sums it up for now. More photos on our Journal.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal and Book "Freedom on Both Ends of the Leash"

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#773 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Timeless Zone in Big Bend, Texas.

A big decision was facing me all summer. Where would we live some day when this body dwindled down as already the rough off roads are slowly being a thing of the past. Mainly for summer times as winter here at "The Oasis" is unequaled. Land up North above 9000 feet to keep us cool escaped me as an option. These 10 acres here, all paid for, has become the solution. We shall built something as a roof, we shall have a little home as a small camper, some more solar, water catchment, a larger generator for those hot summer days when those times arrive. That one day... I have it all written and photographed in a couple entries in our Journal. It is all there... Not finished yet of course but it is all getting there. You will have to go back one entry to see how it is all shaping up.

In the meantime as every Sunday comes by I know exactly how long we have already been here and that fact alone amazes me. Is it time flying away as one gets up in age? Or is it this Big Bend area which has a total disregard towards a calendar? I must say it is pretty amazing.

The "Day of the Dead" celebration has also come and gone where we attended for a couple hours. More photos on the last entry of ours.

A bit of rain finally, cooler weather dropping from the 90's to the 60's and 70's. It is here the definition of perfection.

Enjoy... we are.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#774 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I've been trying not to disrupt your blog's flow by leaving comments, but I have to say... your journey is pretty darn amazing! I enjoy reading your adventures when you post them. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#775 Unread post by Beemerchef »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I've been trying not to disrupt your blog's flow by leaving comments, but I have to say... your journey is pretty darn amazing! I enjoy reading your adventures when you post them. :D

Mike
Glad you wrote... wish more would. Nothing to disrupt. You are not far, let us know if ever near by...

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#776 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Beemerchef wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:I've been trying not to disrupt your blog's flow by leaving comments, but I have to say... your journey is pretty darn amazing! I enjoy reading your adventures when you post them. :D

Mike
Glad you wrote... wish more would. Nothing to disrupt. You are not far, let us know if ever near by...

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit
I think more would write, but they are just being polite as they don't want to disrupt a "good book" that's well worth the read.

I did read you are in Texas and quite a really cool spot too. I haven't Google'd it but Andrea and I are here in Houston. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#777 Unread post by blues2cruise »

You own ten acres of land? Oh...the possibilities.

It would be fantastic to own a piece of property....Aside from the space for peace and quiet....a person can have a vegetable garden.....

Make sure to build in extra rooms...you might end up with travelling guests. :lol: They can tell you stories of their adventures and you'll be on your way to your second book. :mrgreen:

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#778 Unread post by Beemerchef »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Beemerchef wrote:

Mike

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit
I think more would write, but they are just being polite as they don't want to disrupt a "good book" that's well worth the read.

I did read you are in Texas and quite a really cool spot too. I haven't Google'd it but Andrea and I are here in Houston. :D

It is a cool spot west of 118 about 30 miles north of Terlingua. It will be home some day... At 66 I have to start thinking about the future days...

Stay well. Ara and Spirit

Mike

Beemerchef
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#779 Unread post by Beemerchef »

Making a Home in Big Bend... Texas that is.

Where do I begin? as "The Oasis", here, once again works its magic in the center of this Texas Desert.

As the years have gone by on the road, the thought of the ones ahead of us has made its mark. Some day we will need a Home, it is inevitable, as a good Friend of mine wrote me. Where else could it be but here?

Sure, summers are hot [but dry] and the decision to have a roof here has turned into a reality. A 25 x 40 shelter, a little camper right next to a 10 x 14 prefab cabin. Much solar, 4000 gallons of water catchment, a powerful generator, some sort of a basic outdoor kitchen, [meaning just a long table!], better Internet, it is all taking shape all in photos in a couple previous entries in our Journal.

Now is however the time to walk away from it and once again balance out our time between Nature and those components that have been going up. I am realizing that it could be endless as the days here within this space which more than anything else feels as an Island for us. One that can provide all our needs present and future.

Big Bend Park provided its magic the other day. A breather from shoveling dirt or nailing some boards and wiring this and that.

I feel as this winter is going to fly by, lets see how much heat we can handle when Spring returns. Colorado is never too far!

Enjoy the photos. It is Life "off the grid".

Happy "Thanksgiving" day.

Till next time.

Stay well.

Ara and Spirit

9th Year, the Stars, living under them…

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#780 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I've never been to Texas. How hot is "hot"?