Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special - Coolness Factor = 85.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pecial.htm

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

THE SECOND ACT OF A FIRST RATE WORK...

Of the V7 versions this is the one that most approaches the original spirit of its ancestor, beginning from its graphics, christened "Essetre" (S3) and inspired by the famous 1975 V750 S3. Following this graphic concept, the V7 II now has three glossy colour bases: classic black with orange stripes to faithfully revisit the colours of its famous ancestor and two brand new schemes on metallic red and light blue with a silver stripe.

As with the Stone, the Special also has a new frame that stands out, besides for the different engine and shock absorber mounting distances, for an improved finish in terms of welding and paintwork, as well as for the redesigned black brake and clutch levers and the new rear light cluster. Unlike the Stone and the Racer, the V7 Special has a fork stanchion protector instead of the dust boots that are fitted on the other models in the range.

THE NEW GENERATION OF A LEGEND

Introducing the new generation of one of the best-selling and popular "Eagle brand" models anywhere in the world.

The new Moto Guzzi V7 II was christened thus according to Mandello tradition and it is available in three different versions, each with its own identity: Stone, Racer and Special. Moto Guzzi V7 II literally has an extra gear. In fact, making it's début on the V7 II - and it is just the first on a long list of safety and performance technical advancements - is a new, six speed gearbox with spacing that has allowed the first and last two ratios to be reduced, decreasing the drop in rpm between one gear and the next. Along with the gearbox the clutch was also improved in order to achieve a softer action and a more even release. Moto Guzzi continues to develop solutions to increase active safety features and on the new V7 II the ABS braking system and MGCT (Moto Guzzi Controllo Trazione) system have been introduced.

The former is a two-channel system, whereas the latter is a sophisticated electronic system that ensures ideal traction in any conditions, preventing the rear wheel from sliding during acceleration, thereby averting dangerous loss of grip to increase riding safety.

The aesthetics have also evolved: on the new V7 II the engine has been tilted 4° toward the front axle and lowered 10 mm. This solution not only significantly improves the aesthetics from a side view, which on previous models seemed to have a "nose-up" look of the 90° V, but it also created more knee room. In fact, the new V7 II, which also has new 25 mm lower footpegs, provides a comfortable position even for above average height riders, while remaining accessible and "user friendly" for riders - men and women - of any size. The new Moto Guzzi V7 is available in three versions: V7 II Special, eclectic and essential, characterised by typical '70s colour schemes; V7 II Special, the closest to the original spirit of its ancestor, starting from the graphics inspired by the famous 1975 V750 S3; V7 II Racer that embodies the Moto Guzzi sports spirit. With its sporty set up, low handlebars and a chromium fuel tank with a leather fastening strap, V7 II Racer is a bike that was born to be ridden strictly one-up, wearing black leathers and leather stud palm gloves.

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com American Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $9290 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $9490 CDN

ENGINE
Type 90° V-twin 4-stroke
Capacity 744 cc
Maximum power 37 kW (50HP) at 6,200 rpm
Maximum torque 42.7 ft lbs. / 58Nm at 5,000 rpm
Fuel system Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection.
Exhaust system Three-way catalytic converter with double lambda probe

TRANSMISSION
Gearbox 5 speeds with cardan final drive
Lubrication forced circulation with lobe pump - circuit capacity: 1.78 Kg
Final drive CA.R.C. Compact Reactive Shaft Drive
Clutch Dry single plate with flexible couplings

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Frame Double cradle tubular frame in ALS steel with detachable rear subframe
Front suspension Telescopic hydraulic fork with 40 mm stanchions
Rear suspension Die cast light alloy swing arm with 2 spring preload adjustable shock absorbers
Brake system Brembo
Front brake 320 mm Ø stainless steel disc, Brembo caliper with 4 differentiated pistons
Rear brake 260 mm stainless steel disc, brembo double piston floating caliper
Wheels Spoked polished aluminium rims
Front wheel 18", 100/90
Rear wheel 17", 130/80

DIMENSIONS
Length 86 inches - 2184mm
Max width 31.5 inches - 800mm
Height 43.8 inches - 1112mm
Saddle height 31.6 in. (30.7 in. opt.) - 805 mm (780 mm opt.)
Curb weight 395 pounds - 179 kg
Fuel tank capacity 5.8 gallons - 22 liters
Reserve 1 gallon - 4 liters

* Weight with motorcycle ready for use with all operating fluids and without fuel.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pecial.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: This Week: 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

They actually look better in person than in the picture.

Cool.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

As Guy Martin is wont to say, "Spot On". Now there's a proper naked bike. No flash, no stupid transformer like beak, a proper headlamp, 750 CC air cooled engine (I believe, that or they are very good at hiding the radiator) and an old school flat saddle. Matched up with fuel injection and modern brakes, I'd say we have a winner here. Would not say no to having one sitting next to my Trophy. A solid awesome for me, this bike is what motorcycling is suppose to be about........no flash or pretensions.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Awesome. Almost the coolest bike in Guzzi's current lineup. The only thing cooler than a V7 Special is a V7 Stone. I'm not sucking up; I just prefer tubeless.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

I tried not to be biased because I've rode the Guzzi V7 now for almost 3 years, but what Guzzi did with the V7II was listen to the riders pro's and con's of the V7 series and then actually improve upon a model that, IMO, was already awesome.

I really like the addition of the ABS and traction control system. Both were much needed due to the rear end torque and over-powered rear disc brake. The original V7's skinnier rear tire leads a hard life in keeping up with the tractor like amount of torque the transverse V-Twin engine puts out and add an excellent rear break and I've felt my rear tire break loose. In fact, on WOT, I've screeched the rear tire in 2nd gear from 1st gear! So both ABS and traction control, A+

For "The aesthetics have also evolved: on the new V7 II the engine has been tilted 4° toward the front axle and lowered 10 mm", it's nice to have, but not a big change from the original V7 to the V7II, I've never noticed it on mine till I saw the V7II and thought, hummm, that's a small but good change. But what it means to me is that Guzzi is really paying attention to the mechanical aesthetic details of the bike, which is quite refreshing to see (as manufacturers usually only change the cheaper aesthetic details).

The 3rd thing I really like about the bike is the price. Affordable and take a look at the price difference from USA to Canada ($200). Usually, you see the difference by 10% or more. The V7 Stone is $1000 cheaper than the V7 Special. Would I buy the V7II version (stone/special or racer) vs the V7? Sure, you can't go wrong with either, but the V7II is just that added cherry to the icing on the cake.

For me, I didn't go out to find the V7 Stone as my bike in the USA, it found me. To this day, it's still the most fun motorcycle I've ever owned.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#6 Unread post by Hanson »

I loved the V7 Special, but when I went to a dealer and sat on the bike, I found the riding position to be somewhat cramped with my knees all but impacting the cylinder heads. I still loved the aesthetics of this bike more than any other, certainly more than the Suzuki DL650A that I eventually purchased. The other big issue, at least for me, was the lack of ABS. I just don't want a bike without this feature which is why I did not purchase a Honda NC700X. Guzzi has addressed both of these issues with the V7 II and I think I will need to go for another sit to check out the new rider position.

In a few years, I will likely be looking at a new motorcycle. If I had the funds for two bikes in the garage I would have both the V7 II Special and a Yamaha Super Tenere. I would ride that gorgeous Italian supper model around town and back and forth to work, and that ugly Japanese mule on long camping trips and IBA rides.

Awsome,
Richard
ImageImage

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted Awesome how could I not love this bike?
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special - Coolness Factor = 85.7%
Featured: February 13th, 2015 - February 20th, 2015
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50800
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pecial.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Special is:

Awesome (3 points) 57% 57% [ 16 ]
Cool (2 points) 43% 43% [ 12 ]
Uncool (1 point) 0% 0% [ 0 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 28

= a Coolwall Factor of 85.7%

NOTES: 85.7%, Moto Guzzi is going to be very pleased with this outstanding rating for the new V7II model range. With new ABS and traction control and really no increase in cost, it's pretty amazing Guzzi can even offer this model for the price! Like hot cakes they should be going fast at a dealer near you. On a side note, last year the 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer received a vote of 92.31% (September 26th - October 3rd, 2014).

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!