The Blog of Blues

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: The Blog of Blues

#1411 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I came across this video clip.....I clicked on it because of the title....something about being Canadian.... :mrgreen:

We are a rugged bunch, aren't we?

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2014/11/c ... e-Canadian

:canada:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#1412 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:This picture will give you an idea of what it was like in Manning Park...
mist and snow on trees.jpg
That is NOT a black and white picture.
A super great photo! Andrea and I will be travelling to Toronto on the 11th for 5 days, I hear they have snow... I haven't personally seen snow since we moved from the UK 3 years ago... Is snow still cold? lol.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#1413 Unread post by blues2cruise »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
... Is snow still cold? lol.

Mike
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blues2cruise

#1414 Unread post by blues2cruise »

When I went to the motorcycle show this year, I did not feel inspired to take any photos. There were some notable absences....

Ural was not there.
The custom section was not there.
There were a couple of booths that displayed a couple of bikes...but the big section that is usually there was absent this year.

The show was definitely smaller than in the past but at least Yamaha still had it's kids section and there was an outside tricks demo.

Although my bike show companion for the day was highly critical of this bike (granted he didn't like much of anything).....I thought it looked cool....it doesn't mean I want to ride it....but I liked it and the way it was presented. It's a Honda 700 decked out with a big fairing.
New Honda.jpg
New Honda 3.jpg
New Honda 4.jpg

On our way out there was a motorcycle with a milk crate on the back.....I was too tired and it was raining too hard to bother taking a picture. Some of us can be very practical when there is no extra cash to spend. :D

One thing that could improve the show is to have a few benches or chairs available to take a break. I'd probably have been able to stay a bit longer if there were a place to sit here and there. My back doesn't like the shuffle walking and standing on a concrete floor.

blues2cruise

#1415 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Today I had a glass of wine for supper and then a piece of cake for dessert. :mrgreen:

It's not every day we mark the passing of another year....or is it the beginning of another year?

Last weekend I worked as a volunteer for an event out at the Abbotsford airport. They were short of volunteers so I spent the whole day out on the tarmac....It was so sunny, I actually got some colour on my face.

By the time I got home I could barely walk straight I was so tired. I sure did sleep well, though.

The next day wasn't quite as long....Monday at work, though....I had trouble staying awake.

Soon...very soon...I should be able to buy insurance for my bike and get it on the road. I had a few expensive items to buy so I'm short of cash. I needed a crown on a tooth that was living on borrowed time and I needed some new glasses.....sigh....there's always something....

blues2cruise

#1416 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My cousin, Steve, has sold his motorcycle business. He has had Steve Drane Harley Davidson in Victoria BC for 40 years. He has decided to retire.

Barnes Harley from Langley BC is buying Steve's business. Steve is well known in the motorcycling community in Victoria.....I'm sure he will be missed.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#1417 Unread post by dr_bar »

Forty years is more than long enough to be working, good on him for making the big decision...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#1418 Unread post by blues2cruise »

At last.......I finally got my bike on the road for this year. Today was my first ride....I rode to work and back.

I had other things that came up that needed financial attention and insurance for the bike had to wait. :( Such is life sometimes.

On the weekend I got the bike charged, tired inflated, fluids checked, etc. everything is fine. I just need to take it in for a normal service and oil change when I get the chance.

Soon....very soon.....I should have some pictures and stories to share.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#1419 Unread post by Hanson »

Woot ... Blues is on the move! I look forward to your stories and photos of your moto.
ImageImage

blues2cruise

#1420 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It was day 2 of riding to and from work. I also rode into a neighbouring city after work to go visit a friend who is in the hospital. It's a good thing I have opted to start slowly building my bike time....My neck and shoulder hurt. I probably was not as relaxed as I think I was......

When I take my car to the hospital I find street parking a few blocks away so I don't have to pay for parking. Parking at the hospital is expensive. Tonight I decided to park at the hospital though....because it would be more secure for my bike.....It was free..... :kicking: There is a space for motorcycle parking immediately inside the gate.....The space to get in is just big enough for a bike to get through so the attendant doesn't have to open the gate.

Today I phoned my usual motorcycle dealer service department to book an appointment for an oil change and service.....I called three times......they never answered the phone....You know what happens when you don't answer the phone? Your customers go elsewhere.

So....I called another place....it's a small independent shop.....I have an appointment for Saturday morning.....I've bought some stuff from this place and had a few things done....they are qualified.....he deals in second hand bikes and also has every parts and accessories book you can think of.....if you need something, he'll get it.

When I first took my bike out yesterday morning for my commute....I was pleased that I rode off as though I had just ridden last week instead of 8 months ago.....although.....I did miss a couple of shifts during my ride.....my timing was a bit off. My shifting was much better today.

I am now back in the land of helmet hair...... :lol:

I got the riding game going again.... :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37027&start=640