What did you do today...

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: What did you do today...

#5371 Unread post by ceemes »

Rode to work yesterday, nice and cool at 4:30AM, very pleasant, wondered why I haven't been using the bike more often......at 2PM going home I remembered why.....on the freeway, doing between a highly illegal 100 and 140 KPH and it feels like I am riding into a blast furnace. Off the freeway and into stop and go Surrey traffic and it's even worse. I am utterly baking, sweating and miserable.....got home, peeled off my gloves, squeeze a gallon of sweat induced moisture out of each, peeling off my shirt, pants, and all the rest was nasty.........today, took the cage, enjoying the aircon all the way back home...and yes today was hotter than yesterday. I hate summer, too damned hot...give me spring and early to mid autumn any day, heck give me light rain showers over this horrid heat.
Always ask why.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5372 Unread post by jstark47 »

ceemes wrote:.....it feels like I am riding into a blast furnace. Off the freeway and into stop and go Surrey traffic and it's even worse. I am utterly baking, sweating and miserable.....
Yep. And if you're riding that Trophy 1200 you bought, those things are like nuclear blast furnaces on hot days. I've been carpooling with a friend in recent weeks but even if I weren't, I would have used the car Monday-Thursday last week. I won't ride without the gear, and some days it's so hot the gear is just too much.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#5373 Unread post by pchast »

+1
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5374 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I rode home from Osoyoos today. I made good time because of being the middle day of a long weekend. Traffic was light most of the way.

Five and a half hours...that included a fuel stop and a lunch stop and a couple of quick photo stops....and travelling at or under the speed limit.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5375 Unread post by dr_bar »

blues2cruise wrote:I rode home from Osoyoos today. I made good time because of being the middle day of a long weekend. Traffic was light most of the way.

Five and a half hours...that included a fuel stop and a lunch stop and a couple of quick photo stops....and travelling at or under the speed limit.
My turn was today, did it in close to the same driving time, just longer stops to get out of ugly traffic...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#5376 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It was raining so hard that the road that passes by my townhouse complex was flooding. When I left home it was only flooded to the middle of the lane....when I came home 2 hours later, it was flooded to past the center line.....

So...I went in got my rake....I found the drains and cleared out all the fallen leaves.....I walked up the street to find the next drain and cleared it out..it didn't take long for the water to run like rapids and clear the road.

Do you ever feel like you are the only person who gives a dodo about your neighbourhood?

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5377 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:It was raining so hard that the road that passes by my townhouse complex was flooding. When I left home it was only flooded to the middle of the lane....when I came home 2 hours later, it was flooded to past the center line.....

So...I went in got my rake....I found the drains and cleared out all the fallen leaves.....I walked up the street to find the next drain and cleared it out..it didn't take long for the water to run like rapids and clear the road.

Do you ever feel like you are the only person who gives a dodo about your neighbourhood?
I use to..............until I stopped giving a "poo poo"................now I am sitting back waiting for disaster to befall on those smug basstards.
Always ask why.

Arnaud
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2008/HD/Dyna Super Glide Custom 105th An

#5378 Unread post by Arnaud »

After a very bad nigth, I watched TV all the day after the terrorists attacks against a music hall, restaurants and a stadium in Paris. 128 people died and about 300 are wounded .. :( :(
As far as possible

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5379 Unread post by dr_bar »

Did nobody hear of the bombing in Beirut yesterday??? At least 41 dead and 200 injured and ISIL claims credit... Oops, no white folks got killed so I guess it wasn't news worthy.
~~~~~~beirut1.jpg
~~~~~~beirut1.jpg (142.13 KiB) Viewed 18972 times
Sorry Arnaud, not aimed at you, just venting...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise

#5380 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Arnaud...it is horrible what has happened. I hope you can stay safe.