Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: What did you do today...

#5391 Unread post by Wrider »

Lol no still as single as ever. Not a student, I've decided that while I love to learn, school just isn't my place. I'm working at a factory making wind turbine blades now. Vestas V110 blades to be specific.

What are you up to? Still making trouble in the great not-so-white north?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5392 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Well...today I gave away my Kona mountain bike to a young man who needed some transportation, has had 2 bikes stolen and can't afford to buy another. I still have another bicycle...

As I slowly prepare for a move later this year...I am purging what I can to make my move quick and simple. I want to downsize.

Then I went to my nephew's 10 birthday party. He said now that he is in a double digit age he feels old and frail. hahahahaha :laughing:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5393 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote:As I slowly prepare for a move later this year...I am purging what I can to make my move quick and simple. I want to downsize.
Didn't you move into that place........... well, I dunno, wasn't it just a few years ago??? :dunno:

(It was probably ten years ago, and I'm just having age-related time compression! :( )
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

blues2cruise

#5394 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jstark47 wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:As I slowly prepare for a move later this year...I am purging what I can to make my move quick and simple. I want to downsize.
Didn't you move into that place........... well, I dunno, wasn't it just a few years ago??? :dunno:

(It was probably ten years ago, and I'm just having age-related time compression! :( )
Five years.

I moved to where I am because my job moved. I bought one this big because at the time I honestly thought the man I was with was going to move in with me. Turned out he was unable to make a commitment....so...I said bye-bye...I can't put my life on hold.....
I plan to retire this year....therefore...I can get a smaller place away from the city.

I got rid of another thing today..... :mrgreen: I want my move to be super easy.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5395 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Drive back up from ny last night to start my week at work again. Lots of snow here and a bit down there. Looking forward to next week off as its march break and I'll have my son for the week. It's his 10th birthday as well. Should be a good time! Slowly working on the bike in the basement. Another month and a half should be good to go for a ride weather wise.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5396 Unread post by jstark47 »

Rode a motorcycle to work 5 days out of 5 this week. :mrgreen: That's insane for March in New Jersey! It's rare enough that I can do it in the summer. We had incredibly nice weather for March this week - the one rainstorm happened overnight and it was dry again the next morning. :kicking:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5397 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Started going to the gym today. Been on a diet/exercise regime with my wife since Jan 1. I'm down 21 lbs and she is down 28. Now it's time to tone up a bit. :)
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

blues2cruise

#5398 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I took my car in for its scheduled maintenance and inspection...oil, winter tires off and summer tires on, a couple of light bulbs...brake fluid flush...

I was pleased to hear that the brakes still don't need doing...after five years and 74,000km...the car still has over half the brake lining. :D

It did, however, need a new battery. Like everything else...batteries have a life span...

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#5399 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

JackoftheGreen wrote:We helped orchestrate a fund raiser today, it went well and though we're both tired we're in good spirits.

A rider friend of ours was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer just before Christmas, they gave him six months tops and he and his wife decided they wanted to go to Disneyland sometime before he got too sick to go. Thus was born the 'Lonnie's Disney Dream' fundraising effort, which culminated tonight in an evening of potluck dinners, a raffle, and two local comedians. Dozens of local businesses donated more than $5,000 worth of goods and services to be raffled, everything from gift certificates for massages, hair cuts, tanning and oil changes to scented candles, crocheted and knitted craft items and even a couple solar powered charging packs like the ones GoalZero makes. Lots of friends turned out and opened their hearts and wallets, and I'm happy to say Lonnie and Linda will be able to do Disneyland in style. It's just a shame they wont be able to go by bike for this last road trip.

Enjoy your time while you've got it.
That post was Feb 15, 2014. Yesterday we attended Lonnie's service, along with several dozen members of the Sober Riders MC, and paid our respect to Lonnie and his widow. Amazing that he held on for more than two years with a six-month prognosis by the doctors, an incredibly strong man.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5400 Unread post by dr_bar »

JackoftheGreen wrote:
JackoftheGreen wrote:We helped orchestrate a fund raiser today, it went well and though we're both tired we're in good spirits.

A rider friend of ours was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer just before Christmas, they gave him six months tops and he and his wife decided they wanted to go to Disneyland sometime before he got too sick to go. Thus was born the 'Lonnie's Disney Dream' fundraising effort, which culminated tonight in an evening of potluck dinners, a raffle, and two local comedians. Dozens of local businesses donated more than $5,000 worth of goods and services to be raffled, everything from gift certificates for massages, hair cuts, tanning and oil changes to scented candles, crocheted and knitted craft items and even a couple solar powered charging packs like the ones GoalZero makes. Lots of friends turned out and opened their hearts and wallets, and I'm happy to say Lonnie and Linda will be able to do Disneyland in style. It's just a shame they wont be able to go by bike for this last road trip.

Enjoy your time while you've got it.
That post was Feb 15, 2014. Yesterday we attended Lonnie's service, along with several dozen members of the Sober Riders MC, and paid our respect to Lonnie and his widow. Amazing that he held on for more than two years with a six-month prognosis by the doctors, an incredibly strong man.

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts to his family and friends...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"