Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Beta 500 RR-S - Coolness Factor = 63.9%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Beta 500 RR-S on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 00-RRS.htm

Street Legal Play Bike!

Beta USA presents its new 2017 Offroad and Offroad Street Legal range

2017 Beta 500 RR-S on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

After a greatly successful 2016 season in both sales and racing, Beta returns in 2017 with their Enduro range that continues the forward progress of the brand through refinements in features and quality. The 2016 season has seen Beta achieve their first-ever overall victory in the World Enduro Championship in Portugal with racer Steve Holcombe along with many other victories from Johnny Aubert and Alex Salvini, both at the World and National level. Beta USA continues to push the racing scene with their factory team effort in National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroX, Hare & Hound, as well as National Trial.

Beta takes the information they have learned from their race teams as well as information from the everyday casual rider and combined the two to further enhance the riding experience. The 2017 RR models continue to offer an “easy to ride” philosophy while also providing the rider with a stable and distinct design along with the quality one expects from the brand.

The 2017 models, available in 2 stroke 250 and 300 cc and 350/390/430/500 cc. for 4 stroke, are a direct evolution of the 2016 version and retain their most successful features. The amazing 300 Xtrainer returns as well for 2017 with an updated graphics package.

Exciting changes for 2017:
Beta has combined the features of the 2016 RR and RS models to create the all new RR-S which are all 50-state street legal and will now fill the segment of “Street Legal Off Road”

2017 Beta 500 RR-S http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

250/300 RR and 350/390/430/500 RR-S Chassis:

A number of features have been tweaked on all the models of the range and some of them come directly from experience at top competitive levels. The chassis, with the well-tested chrome-moly steel frame with double split cradle has the following new features:
• Sachs fork: increased 5mm in length to provide longer travel. Liqui Moly fork oil has been installed to reduce heat build up and friction in the fork.
• Sachs rear shock: new high/low speed adjustment system, now more accurate and independent from each other. This allows the rider to make more fine adjustments based on his or her riding style and needs.
• Triple clamps: new design that is lighter and offers more rigidity.
• Silver rims with black spokes: supplied by Excel, these new wheels are lighter and give the new bike a distinctive look.
• Digital meter: (RR 2 strokes) new design, along with the timer, kilometre/mph indicator with more adjustment features including instant speed, average and maximum speeds as well as the ability to adjust mileage in smaller increments. Also new for 2017 is a built in battery voltage reading.
• Voyager GPS: (RR-S) models arrive with the Trial Tech Voyager GPS meter
• New fuel cap: has built-in breather valve
• New graphics

2017 Beta 500 RR-S - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com North American Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: $9999 USD

Engine Specs:

Type: Single cylinder, 4-valve, (steel intake and exhaust) 4-stroke liquid cooled, cooling fan, electric start with back up kick starter
Bore: 100mm
Stroke: 60.8mm
Displacement: 478cc
Compression Ratio: 12.1:1
Ignition: DC-CDI with dual map selection, Kokusan. 200 watt output at 6000 RPM
Spark Plug NGK LKAR8A-9
Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each
Fuel System: 42mm Electronic Fuel Injection
Clutch: Wet multi-disc
Primary Ratio: 31:73
Transmission: 6-speed
Final Drive: O-ring chain, DID
Chassis Specs:

Frame: Molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port. Quick Air filter access from the side.
Wheelbase: 58.1”
Seat Height: 36.6” |
Ground Clearance: 12.6”
Footrest Height: 16.25”
Dry Weight: 249 lbs. dry
Electrical: Trail Tech Voyager GPS unit
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2 US gallons
Front Suspension: 48 mm Sachs USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound, TFX technology.
Rear Suspension: Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
Front Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Final Gearing: 15t front, 48t rear
Front Brake: 260mm rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Enduro, DOT approved
Warranty: 12 month Limited Warranty
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Beta 500 RR-S - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Shifting gears this week for the Cool Wall is something COMPLETELY new from BETA, a 500cc Off-Road legal dual sport! If you are a looking for a very serious all-rounder with stomp pulling power, this might be for you AND you can show up at bike night on it and pull 360° wheelies too!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#3 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Dirt bikes are cool. Enduros are cool. This is cool.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#4 Unread post by Gummiente »

NorthernPete wrote:Dirt bikes are cool. Enduros are cool. This is cool.
I don't know from dirt bikes, so I'll go with what Mr NP here said.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

Yawn......no meh option, no interest in this type of machine, so will refrain from voting.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I know this isn't a typical Cool Wall bike we have up on a regular basis, but it is hard to fault it as it's still road-legal and has only two tires. :)

Beta really knows how to build them, and I'd put up a Beta vs a KTM or Husqvarna any day. They are that good. And a 478cc high-compression potato smasher kitted into a bike weighting just 249lbs with a short wheelbase!? My god. Your front wheel will be in the air more than it's on the ground!

It wouldn't take much to turn this into a super-moto either with some slick street tires. OR a dual sport/ADV killer with some hard bags, custom seat and some accessories.

This bike has A TON of creative potential.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Beta 500 RR-S - Coolness Factor = 63.9%
Featured: August 5th - August 12th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53438
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 00-RRS.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Beta 500 RR-S is:

Awesome (3 points) 33% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 42% [ 5 ]
Uncool (1 point) 8% [ 1 ]
Fail (0 point) 17% [ 2 ]

Total votes: 12

= a Coolwall Factor of 63.9

Notes: Dirt bikes are not every rider's cup of tea and I suspect it's not because we don't like them, it's the unfamiliarity of the class. Unfortunately, not all of us get to start out on one, myself included, and see a dirt bike as something alien. That's a shame as many riders who either start out on one or do both say their riding skills really benefit from it. Beta, a small but growing company, makes some of the best dirt bikes around and the new RS-S line has A LOT of potential for off-road, on-road, dual sport, ADV or even adventure touring.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!