2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines - Coolness Factor = 68.1%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines is:

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines - Coolness Factor = 68.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ht-107.htm
For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ht-114.htm

2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines

Harley Big Twin Delivers More Performance and Comfort...

Milwaukee-Eight™ engines

We're proud to introduce the next generation of Harley-Davidson® V-Twin engines to our Touring line: the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 and Milwaukee-Eight™ 114 engines.

Their iconic look, distinctive sound and massive torque make them instantly recognizable, but the Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 and Milwaukee-Eight™ 114 engines take the Harley-Davidson® V-Twin to a place it's never been. They're the most powerful, coolest-running motors we've ever built. Smoother, stronger and more durable. With crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counterbalanced and rubber-mounted.

Developed and proven over countless miles and millions of hours. Every single part is new, engineered to give you more performance and more of the feeling you want from an engine.

HARLEY-DAVIDSON ROLLS OUT POWERFUL NEW TOURING MOTORCYCLES

H-D unveils Milwaukee-Eight Engine, Its 9th Big Twin, and new Suspension for 2017 Models

MILWAUKEE (August 23, 2016) – More power. More comfort. More control. Today, Harley-Davidson redefined touring by unveiling the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ engine, the ninth Big Twin in its history, plus all-new front and rear suspension for its Model Year 2017 Touring motorcycle lineup.

“These are the most powerful, most responsive and most comfortable Touring motorcycles ever offered by Harley-Davidson,” said Scott Miller, Vice-President of Styling and Product Development Strategy. “The unmistakable look, sound and feel of Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycles rise to even greater heights with the improvements we’ve made this year. You truly have to ride it to feel it – so we’re inviting all riders to go to their local dealer and take a test ride.”

New Milwaukee-Eight Engine

The new Milwaukee-Eight engine, the ninth Big Twin design in the company’s storied lineage, is a clean-sheet design that combines the classic look, sound and feel of Harley-Davidson Big Twin engines with improvements in every aspect of engine performance.
“The Milwaukee-Eight engine carries the legacy of Harley-Davidson Big Twins into the future,” said Chief Powertrain Engineer Alex Bozmoski. “While respecting the essential Big Twin character, we’ve created an all-new motor. Every aspect of performance, durability and styling has been improved as a direct response to the voice of Harley-Davidson customers around the world.”

Retaining the classic 45-degree V-Twin cylinder angle, the Milwaukee-Eight engine produces 10 percent more torque than previous year models and features four-valve cylinder heads that offer 50 percent more intake and exhaust flow capacity. The Milwaukee-Eight engine is counter-balanced to cancel 75 percent of primary vibration at idle, retaining the classic feel of a Harley® V-Twin while being very smooth at highway speeds. A new heat management strategy for all Milwaukee-Eight engines improves rider and passenger comfort.

Milwaukee-Eight engines are offered in two displacements: the Milwaukee-Eight 107 (107 CID/1750cc) and Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight 107 (107 CID/1750cc) for standard motorcycle models and the Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight 114 (114 CID/1870cc) for Harley-Davidson® Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)™ motorcycle models.

2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

NEW MILWAUKEE-EIGHT™ ENGINES FEATURE:
- More Power - Larger displacement, 4-valve heads and higher compression ratio produce 10% more torque
- Quicker Acceleration - 2-3 bike lengths faster from 0-60 mph; 1-2 bike lengths faster from 60-80 mph in top gear
- Heat Management - Improved rider and passenger comfort, thanks to reduced heat absorption, increased heat rejection and redesigned exhaust system
- Improved Fit - Thanks to a narrow primary and optimized air cleaner shape
- Reduced Vibration - New internal single counter-balancer, provides a smoother, more refined feel at idle
- Richer Exhaust Note - Less mechanical powertrain noise allows more iconic V-Twin rumble due to lighter valves, optimized cover designs and driveline improvements
- Lower Idle Speed - Creates a better sound and less heat
- Improved Charging - 50% more output to meet increased touring accessory needs

New Milwaukee-Eight engines will power every 2017 Harley-Davidson Touring and Trike motorcycle model. Milwaukee-Eight engines will be offered in two displacements and three variations:

Milwaukee-Eight 107 (107 CID, 1750cc) featuring precision oil-cooled cylinder heads for the Street Glide®/Street Glide® Special, Road Glide®/Road Glide Special®, Electra Glide® Ultra Classic®, Road King® and Freewheeler® models.

Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight 107 (107 CID, 1750cc) featuring liquid-cooled cylinder heads for the Ultra Limited/Ultra Limited Low, Road Glide® Ultra and Tri Glide® Ultra models.

Twin-Cooled Milwaukee-Eight 114 (114 CID,1870cc) featuring liquid-cooled cylinder heads for the CVO™ Limited and CVO™ Street Glide® models.

ENGINE
Engine 1 Milwaukee-Eight™ 107

Bore 100 mm
Stroke 111.1 mm
Displacement 1,746 cc
Compression Ratio 10:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)

PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 111.4 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,250
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 32
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 31
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 45 mpg

ENGINE
Engine Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight™ 114

Bore 102 mm
Stroke 114.3 mm
Displacement 1,8681 cc
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Fuel System Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)

PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 124 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,250
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 34.3
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 33.4
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 43 mpg

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ht-107.htm
For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ht-114.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, I have to admit, this is a little off the beaten path of the Cool Wall. I don't think I've ever had an engine on the Cool Wall before and it will make a weird "coolest bike of the year"... an engine... if it actually came #1 on the cool wall... but the new Harley-Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107/114 Engines represent another dramatic shift in the Harley-Davidson model line and a H-D engine is really the "soul" of H-D, that I can't discount a great discussion about them!

So enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#3 Unread post by Gummiente »

Saw one in person today at the local dealer. I'll reserve comment until after all the haters have checked in.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:Saw one in person today at the local dealer. I'll reserve comment until after all the haters have checked in.
LOL...

I haven't seen one yet myself, but, as usual, they look impressive. Did you get to hear it run? Does it sound pretty much the same or deeper/different?

Mike

Gummiente

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Did you get to hear it run? Does it sound pretty much the same or deeper/different?
Talked to the tech who did the PDI and shakedown run on it. I could repeat his comments, but I'll post a ride report after I get a chance to demo ride one as this particular unit was presold.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

It's hard judge an engine on a couple of glamour shots and bare bones spec sheets. They do look like a couple tight and neat engines, but as the say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the proof of an engine is in how well it runs, does it deliver the power and fuel economy that the manufacturer claims, is it reliable or is going to be in and out of the shop getting fixed all the time? Until those questions are answered, I will reserve judgement and pass on voting, still, nice and tidy looking engine.
Always ask why.

Gummiente

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

So I'm sitting in the kitchen eating brekkie, when all of a sudden the sky outside turns purple and the ground starts shaking. Then it starts raining down lollipops and ice cream cones and a unicorn goes flitting past overhead. I check the computer and see this post and suddenly it all makes sense...
ceemes wrote:It's hard judge an engine on a couple of glamour shots and bare bones spec sheets. They do look like a couple tight and neat engines, but as the say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the proof of an engine is in how well it runs, does it deliver the power and fuel economy that the manufacturer claims, is it reliable or is going to be in and out of the shop getting fixed all the time? Until those questions are answered, I will reserve judgement and pass on voting, still, nice and tidy looking engine.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

Gummiente wrote:So I'm sitting in the kitchen eating brekkie, when all of a sudden the sky outside turns purple and the ground starts shaking. Then it starts raining down lollipops and ice cream cones and a unicorn goes flitting past overhead. I check the computer and see this post and suddenly it all makes sense...
ceemes wrote:It's hard judge an engine on a couple of glamour shots and bare bones spec sheets. They do look like a couple tight and neat engines, but as the say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the proof of an engine is in how well it runs, does it deliver the power and fuel economy that the manufacturer claims, is it reliable or is going to be in and out of the shop getting fixed all the time? Until those questions are answered, I will reserve judgement and pass on voting, still, nice and tidy looking engine.
Unicorns flitting past overhead and ice cream cones falling from the sky eh? Hmmm, makes some sense.....

Always ask why.

Gummiente

#9 Unread post by Gummiente »

Well, that's three minutes of my life I'll never get back. :shock:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

Gummiente wrote:Well, that's three minutes of my life I'll never get back. :shock:
You have only yourself to blame. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Always ask why.