Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HARRY EVERTS BLOG

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HARRY @EVERTS #BLOG

Team Suzuki Press Office – September 1.

Harry Everts has a long history in the MX world and also with Suzuki. Together with his son Stefan Everts, Harry has followed him from team to team and brand to brand. Now that Stefan has come full circle with Suzuki, Harry is again by his side to help and assist him in his biggest project yet.

I have been in the GRP workshop so many times before and I would never have thought that I would sit here one day and my son would be running the show. When I was working with KTM, I often came by to eat my sandwich and spend some time with Sylvain (Geboers). We have a really long and good relationship. So I came to visit him here. In the past, I’ve ridden with Suzuki and Sylvain was always there with me. Then I went to other brands and we lost contact a little. But then Stefan started riding and I went to Sylvain and Suzuki. And again we were talking MX like always and having a good laugh.

Stefan was World Champion with Suzuki in 1991. After that he moved from team to team and I always followed him. You do it automatically, it’s your son. Then Liam came and Stefan was at the end of his racing days. Things change but the motocross always stayed the same. Like it has always been. But maybe not completely the same. Stefan started to work with KTM so I followed him. I’ve worked there as a trainer. Always brought good guys into the team. I was there for a very long time, so it was weird to change to Suzuki again.

But I have always been good with Suzuki. When I heard that Stefan had the chance to take over the team, I actually could not believe it. And now I have been working here eight months and it has started to sink in a little bit. And it is a big change, also for myself. I’m here from early morning till late in the evening, also because it is from the kids so that’s just what you do. And I don’t mind. I’m not so young anymore but also not old. I feel the difference from 10 years ago but I just keep going.

95% of the time I’m with the team on training, when it rains, when it’s hot, when it’s cold. But I do it with pleasure and I will always do it. Still I’m happy that the season is almost over. We have come so far with the young guys in the team. There have been some good results and they have all worked hard. Also the team, I cannot say anything bad about them. They are all dedicated and I know not everyone can do the same or sometimes a mistake is made but that’s everywhere. And this workshop is in tip top shape. Sylvain did a great job designing and building it. But I did not expect anything else. I knew from when he was my mechanic. I have learned so much from him.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.