Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 BMW S1000RR - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

449 lbs fully fueled, 200hp? Wowerz, it seems that is getting close to pro superbike stats from just a few years ago? Riders have always wondered if bikes are getting TOO powerful to ride how they were designed to ride. Back in 2004, I was interviewing Honda about the new CBR1000RR, and they said, at the time, THAT bike was too powerful for their test riders. I can't imagine anyone outside of MotoGP ever using 90% of this bike. Does it make it a "waste", I think so, as a rider should be able to ride a bike to it's extremes, and if they can't, then they are just along for the ride.

Stats aside, the "Double R" is an extreme bike in almost everyway, even in the riding position.

Awesome for what it is, it's looks, technology, but for riding, I'm not so sure...

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2017 BMW S1000RR - VOTE NOW

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Vespa 946 Red - Coolness Factor = 88.3%
Featured: February 10th, 2017 - February 17th, 2017
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54199
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1000RR.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 BMW S1000RR is:

Awesome (3 points) 13
Cool (2 points) 7
Uncool (1 point) 0
Fail (0 point) 0

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 88.3%

Notes: Technologically stunning. Even though we are most likely looking at the #1 voted bike of 2017, It is interesting to see the "Sportbike" category starting to wane in the past couple of years as interest, sales and development start to fall off. Could it be sportbikes are "too much of everything" now? Too uncomfortable? Or riders are, on average, just "getting older"? It will be interesting to see in the next 5 years where the trend for sportbikes go. What is hot right now is Scrambler bikes, could anyone guess that 5 years ago?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.