totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: #348: 2018 Yamaha NIKEN - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ROTFLMAO, after reading the above comments. I wish I had more time to throw some more comments on the comments about the comments on the 2018 Yamaha NIKEN, but this week was so busy working on Total Motorcycle and the forums I just didn't get a chance to. Darn.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, I really, really don't know how to vote on this one, so I went with my first impression....

"Jaw Drop"

But that isn't a poll option so the closest was Awesome (for maybe all the wrong reasons!).

Would I ride one? Maybe, it's WEIRD as heck. Would I own one? I doubt it, I don't really want to own the "Griswold family truckster wagon" with 50% more of everything. Does it come with 2 oil filters too? Is two gear shift levers a option?

Original and unique, for sure, but just because it's original and unique doesn't make it good. This is one design I'd have to see in person... and again, if I saw it in person, I think I'd be speechless... some people buy super expensive cars to get a "jaw drop" so maybe the Griswold family wagon or 2018 Yamaha NIKEN would work for them too? It's cheaper than $150k!

I'm glad you all like this week's Cool Wall bike and offered up some great comments on it!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2018 Yamaha NIKEN - Coolness Factor = 30.6%
Featured: October 27th, 2017 - November 3rd, 2017
Most popular vote category: Fail

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54529
Total Motorcycle model page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcy ... ken-review

Your Coolness Factor of the 2018 Yamaha NIKEN

Awesome 4
Cool 3
Uncool 3+1
Fail 12+1

Total votes: 22

= a Coolwall Factor of 30.6%

Total Motorcycle's Take-a-Way: Stand out or Stand Back? The new 2018 Yamaha NIKEN drew a lot of discussion this week on the Cool Wall as Yamaha drops a "shock bomb" on the populace. Even I don't know what say about it, other than it's VERY different and unique. Revolutionary for sure. What do you think?

Cool Wall Comment of the Week: "Drag it out on to the street, beat it with a club, stone it with rocks and then burn it with fire until it is nothing more then a bad memory and a melted pool of metal and plastic..." - Ceemes

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: #348: 2018 Yamaha NIKEN - Coolness Factor = 30.6%

#14 Unread post by blues2cruise »

What they all said^^^^
Do you think they gave the rider a storm trooper looking outfit on purpose?