chris43j
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Kawi ZX6R

Problems while riding...

#1 Unread post by chris43j »

Hi everyone,

I am doing some research for a business course and I had a couple questions - motorcycle related of course. If you could take a few minutes to respond I would appreciate it!

- What kind(s) of riding do you do most often? Commuting, racing, touring...
- What are your biggest problems/pet peeves while riding?
- How do you feel about advanced safety technologies such as blind spot detection, rear collision avoidance, etc.. Do you think they have a place in the motorcycle industry?

Thanks!

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: Problems while riding...

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

What kind(s) of riding do you do most often?
Commuting first, medium-distance pleasure rides second, also so some long distance touring in the summer.

What are your biggest problems/pet peeves while riding?
Car drivers.

How do you feel about advanced safety technologies?
Do you mean applying this stuff to motorcycles? What would that accomplish? I can control my motorcycle; my problem is idiot car and truck drivers running into me!! If you mean applying this stuff to cars...... if that's what it takes to keep them from hitting me, merging into me, cutting me off, encroaching on my lane..... yeah, then I guess I'm for that stuff.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

hellomoto
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Kawasaki

Re: Problems while riding...

#3 Unread post by hellomoto »

*What kind(s) of riding do you do most often? Commuting, racing, touring...
Commuting, pleasure riding

* What are your biggest problems/pet peeves while riding?
Other traffic as motorcyclists are still not recognized well during heavy traffic times.

* How do you feel about advanced safety technologies such as blind spot detection, rear collision avoidance, etc.. do you think they have a place in the motorcycle industry?
Yes, absolutely they can and will have a place in the motorcycle industry. The first question will be where and how you will mount sensors that will do the detetcon, and secondly how will you alert the rider? Luxury vehicles started with the blind spot detection and just have a light in the corner of the door that lights up when another car enters that space. would you put that light in the gauges (and would it be confusing with other lights there), or possibly in the visor of the rider?