Gas prices and Hummers

mothman
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Gas prices and Hummers

#1 Unread post by mothman »

Ok I live in Raleigh, NC and I just got back from a great ride shopping for some new boots, it took me about three hours. I was on my way home and I realised that all the gas stations were OUT of gas or not selling it. I understand also that the government is requesting that unessessary travel be as limited as possible. So I felt a little(I mean very small) bad that I had been just riding and not so direct about my purchase. As I was riding and thinking "I wonder if the Raleigh Rumble this weekend will be canceled" and "should I go this longer way home" when I saw four Hummers each with only one person in them and they all had similar plates. It made me nuts but I felt better about riding a bike. Then before I knew it I look to my left and my hand with a mind of it's own was held high with a big thumbs down right in the direction of monster suv's convoy. Man did that "pee" 'em off. Those windows came down and that frosty blaze of super airconditiong billowed out almost as fast as the slander came in my direction. Next thing I notice about for or five little four doors start giving those knarly people a little bad love. Even children started the old two thumbs down at the uber mega maxi super consumers. What fun! The windows when up, the light turned green and it was all over.
My point...............
We all wave at each other cus we all know we're having the best fun there is to have right? These resource gagging soccer mom's and seal the deal lung busting michelobe ultra gusseling ape holes only buy these things to make the Jone's jealous. I say let's keep given our peeps the peace down to side "I know your liven cool" wave, but let's hand out that greasy burnt from idle ajustment stumpy old thumb to the breathern ball breakers of that super duper hummer hacks.
What do you think?
I'm going out to find some petrol for my CB, I'M OUT, David.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#2 Unread post by ZooTech »

Yeah, way to go...you just gave the thumbs down to what makes America great...the opportunity to succeed and the freedom to spend that success any way you want. So you can't afford to gas up a Hummer, let alone purchase one - so what? They obviously can and they're out enjoying their Hummers the same way we enjoy our bikes. I'd like to see you earn a seven figure income and show "restraint" when gas prices are up. :roll:

brbolin
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by brbolin »

I LOVE hummers, but what does gas prices have to do with them?
Since I've been married, I've noticed they've gone down in num...err...umm...oh...you mean the Hummer VEHICLES!
Oops! :frusty:
:wink:

mothman
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by mothman »

"you just gave the thumbs down to what makes America great"
Nope your wrong buddy, what makes where I live great is the fact I can do exactly what did and the fact you can argue any point you want with me. That's great! Your opinion is perfectly valid, however I CHOOSE to understand that my actions DO have an impact and more than just in my wallet. Would you get in your Hummer and cruise down to the French Quarter and show everone there that you just don't care that many peoples lives are gone and homes and the great american businesses are lost in New Oreleans? Or how about this patriot. Do you care that third world countries are helping us with our oil reserves yet you would just be so oblivious to it and your neighbors that you would pull up to a gas station and fill up and squeaze that last drop of fuel into such a monster and in that ACTION now someone in your community now has to go without and can't get to work as normal. Does that strike you as a valid point. And by the way why would you attack my income? Grab that brass ring buddy that's what your bag all about. David

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by mysta2 »

it's not about the money, it's about the gross misuse of resources that need to be rationed.

I for one am just hopeing that I can get my bike back on the road before both my cars hit empty :?
[url=http://www.cafepress.com/dropbars][img]http://www.dropbars.com/cafepress%20banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Check out my [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=5844]blog[/url] for the latest on my little project.

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by cb360 »

We can all think whatever we want about Hummers ( I do have to say that the tax writeoff abuse for trucks over 6000 .lbs is typical washington insanity - they could have easily written that bill to exclude luxury vehicles without impacting the writeoffs for construction and agricultural use but chose not to) but the fact is the market will eventually sort it out. I don't care how much money you have. Unless you are truly wealthy... and the vast majority of us aren't, then the rising gas prices will ultimately affect your decisionmaking. Even if you are in the highest income brackets as a doctor or an attorney you're gonna start thinking twice about that $100 fill-up. Or that $200 fill-up. The market will work it's magic like always. Hummer sales will drop like a freakin' stone. There's already legions of people who are wishing for more efficient vehicles and the dealer's can't keep the hybrids in stock. Same thing happened in the 70's. Honda and Datsun and Toyota couldn't make a dent in the car market until the gas crisis - and then half the people who made fun of them went out and bought one.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

mothman
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by mothman »

it's not about the money, it's about the gross misuse of resources
Got That?

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#8 Unread post by Kal »

Be nice people.
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#9 Unread post by ZooTech »

Point is, why is it that some people expect the world to stop dead on its axis every time we have a natural disaster? We are the type of society that keeps on keepin' on and takes each tragedy as it comes. Hummer owners already paid the price for their choice of conveyance, and managed to keep a lot of paychecks from bouncing in the process. So now they're supposed to be ashamed of themselves for what they drive, eliciting a "thumbs down" from resource-conscious bikers? Sounds like typical class envy to me, not the rants of some noble, energy-conscious do-gooder.

mothman
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by mothman »

"Sounds like class envy"
How can you say that. Your right I am energy conscious and I do evaluate how I choose to spend. I also care about my community and how it effects the rest of the world. I am also a beer drinkin' kick-"O Ring" hillbilly punk that's gonna call you out. Go buy a big truck man. Fill it up with groceries.