Total votes: 28

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#11 Unread post by dr_bar »

Prophet wrote:well i havn't see any ladies on sport bikes here in calgary i've lived here for 4 years and not one that i've seen or know, well maybe i just havn't been looking hard enough. i would love to meet a girl with a sport bike. where are all you hiding!!!??!?
You might want to checkout what chels is riding, although I think it's a YZF 600 R which Yamaha classes in their supersport line-up...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#12 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Prophet wrote:well i havn't see any ladies on sport bikes here in calgary i've lived here for 4 years and not one that i've seen or know, well maybe i just havn't been looking hard enough. i would love to meet a girl with a sport bike. where are all you hiding!!!??!?
You will just have to move to Vancouver. :laughing: Lots of young women on sport bikes here.

CustomZ
Veteran
Veteran

#13 Unread post by CustomZ »

ya i used to live in vancouver, and i would love to move back but i got a great job in calgary. but in the meantime i'll keep an eye out for ladies on sportbikes
2004 GSX-R600

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#14 Unread post by KarateChick »

Hey Prophet,

Maybe cause we are hiding in Edmonton?? :wink:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

CustomZ
Veteran
Veteran

#15 Unread post by CustomZ »

KarateChick wrote:Hey Prophet,

Maybe cause we are hiding in Edmonton?? :wink:
O well maybe i'll have to vist Edmonton a little more. :motorcycle3:
2004 GSX-R600

Buelligan
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Buelligan »

Before I started to ride I thought I would like a nice Cruiser, but after learning and having the opportunity to ride a Sport Bike, I had a complete change of heart.

There's nothing quite like a Sport Bike, it's just too much fun, though I would like a Sport/Tourer as a second bike for long trips!!!
Black - 2004 Buell XB9S Lightening

palegreenhorse
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

What about dirt?

#17 Unread post by palegreenhorse »

i have two bikes, a sport-touring and a dual sport mostly dirt bike--a bmw 650GS and yamaha xt225. i enjoy riding dirt a great deal even though i'm not that good and i enjoy the touring i can do on the street. But sport bikes are somewhat boring to me... since all you do is drive around fast (get run over by people that don't see you coming up on them) and pop wheelies. not my cup of tea. it isn't the power that scares me and why i don't ride sport. i just find more fun in the challenge of dirt riding without worrying about stupid cars and the scenery and long distance trips touring.

Buelligan
Elite
Elite

#18 Unread post by Buelligan »

Actually I don't drive around fast etc., I love my bike for the way it handles, for the way it corners. I'm surrounded by mountains here, and it's the kind of riding we do. My husband has a Honda Shadow and is going to change, probably to a sport/tourer, it's just more suited to the kind of riding we do.
Don't assume all sport bike riders do wheelies and warp factor 9, it just ain't so. :laughing:
Black - 2004 Buell XB9S Lightening

loonymoon
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by loonymoon »

I have a 1973 CB350F motorcycle and a Yamaha YP250 majesty scooter (for commuting although it's a great fun ride too in a laid back relaxed sort of way).

I'm not scared of bigger bikes I just don't need or want one one at the moment. The scooter is fairly fast (75mph+ easily) and VERY comfy and the CB350 gives me the true "motorcycling" experience and I can get going on that if I really want too.

If I got a bigger bike I'd probably get something like a Suzuki SV650 (which I've had my eye on for a while) or a Triumph Thruxton maybe.... but these are just pipe dreams...

"It's not what you ride it's the way you ride it laddie!" Mitzi :laughing:
Read my classic bike story at:
http://www.realclassic.co.uk/honda05012100.html
http://gallery.loonymoon.org.uk/index.php?cat=2

Kim
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#20 Unread post by Kim »

I have a cruiser. The sport bikes don't look very comfortable to me.
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.