wheyhey !

leester
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

wheyhey !

#1 Unread post by leester »

Well, following the confusion about my insurance i told you about i decided to call the company again today to nail things down.Turns out the first guy i spoke to had got his wires crossed somewhere and given me some wrong information re the cover note ! Turns out that my cover note is in fact free and is already on the way ! Excellent . Now i'm just awaiting the bike which is supposed to come this afternoon.
The insurance broker has been really helpful actually and i got very cheap insurance. Ok a cheap premium might be a bit of a trade off with certain parts of a policy but hey, i just wanted to get on the road ! :laughing:
Also i should say thanks again for all the help i have received here :) It's good to have a friendly place to come to where people know their stuff.

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by archanis »

here here! wish i could get on the road as soon as you are. 4 more months.. four more... and my jacket is on the way, as are the new boots... *le~sigh* on the bright side, i just need 2000 more dollars which i can make this winter to pay my bike in full, so then i can concentrait on the insurance!
faster than a quadriplegic racehorse!

leester
Rookie
Rookie

lonnng wait man !

#3 Unread post by leester »

Oh that's a long wait dude ! Hope it passes quickly for ya :wink: I'm sat here watching the clock waiting for the delivery guy ......

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by archanis »

what bike are you getting? tell us of the new hotness!

leester
Rookie
Rookie

THE BIKE !

#5 Unread post by leester »

Yes ! It's arrived..Honda Lead 100cc. Nice scooter to begin with. Goes like a dream. Would you beleive some nutter nearly killed me within MINUTES of me going out ! Some loon was doing about 60 in a residential side road ,didn't see me,had to skid and his back end flew round .Jeese what a shock. Anyhoo, i have really enjoyed my afternoons riding...i'm a bit dodgy at junctions yet but i wil be extremely careful.

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by archanis »

woot! a scooter! those can be more fun than bikes, depending on you local, but a 100cc? not much power to that, how well does it run?

leester
Rookie
Rookie

Nippy

#7 Unread post by leester »

Oh it's nippy dude ! Smooth and nippy. I'm not a speed demon and i won't be going any great distance so it's enough for me. :D Spent a couple hours yesterday scootin round town and the time just flew by....today i'm off into the countryside if the weather holds. Tell you what this bike is a LOT heavier than i anticipated...jeese i've nearly pulled my arms out the sockets hauling about !

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by archanis »

eh... a scooter isnt for the road here. but happy riding. :biker:

leester
Rookie
Rookie

scary

#9 Unread post by leester »

Man, went out to the countryside this morning.There really are some lunatics out there ! I've been cut up 5 times already by people actually trying to overtake me whilst turning into a junction....then they have the cheek to blast the horn at me like it ME that did wrong ! :frusty: welcome to the roads boy !

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by archanis »

you will find that no matter where you go, what is true for bikes is doubly true for scooters. in the city its fine, nobodys gonin anywhere anytime soon anyway. but on the highway, being passed by a scooter is like the ultimate insult. a scooter being in front of you is the same thing.

the psycologists *howerver you say that name* say that this is a jelousy issue. i say that, yea, they are jelouse. their also @$$ w!p3$ (sorry for the leet) there is no exuse for running a scooter off the road just for being there, stick it to em and stay on the road. its made for everybody.

good luck