Need help charging battery

Bayarea Biker
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Need help charging battery

#1 Unread post by Bayarea Biker »

I left my keys in my Yamaha Vstar and the battery was dead. I bought a Battery Tender Jr to charge it but after 7 hours it still isn't charged. I don't understand the directions - it says to attach a AWG insulated battery cable to the neg. bqtttery post, then the red clip to the positive post, and then the black clip to the other end of the cable So what is this cable? A man told me to just attach the clibs to the posts but qas I said it is not doing anything. Has anyone used this or charged a battery? :cry:

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#2 Unread post by Wizzard »

You need a bigger charger , or at the very least to leave it over night .
Regards, Wizzard
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#3 Unread post by Ladymx »

ALWAYS connect POSITIVE to POSITIVE and NEGATIVE (-) to the ENGINE BLOCK or FRAME away from the dead starting battery. Reverse this rule to disconnect. Along with what Wizzard said. Worst case you can boost it off another bike.

Bayarea Biker
Rookie
Rookie

Battery running

#4 Unread post by Bayarea Biker »

Thanks. It just took a long time. I connected the red to the red and the black to the black. It is back in now. It was out of the bike and in my kitchen. :D