DROPPED MY BIKE!

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#31 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

IF you grab the front brake at slow speed and the wheel is NOT straight: DOWN you will go, every time.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Dirtytoes
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male

dsadasa

#32 Unread post by Dirtytoes »

Lion_Lady wrote:IF you grab the front brake at slow speed and the wheel is NOT straight: DOWN you will go, every time.

P
wish i knew that when i was trying to make the u turn at .0001mph/hour :roll:

i called the kawasaki dealer today and they sais they were gonna give me the estimate tomorrow.....and that it was gonna take 2 weeks to fix :cry:

...i'm gonna miss my bike.....and i'll definitly get a set of frame sliders if they are only $50 so i don't have to ever go through this again.

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#33 Unread post by archanis »

getting frame sliders wont fix all your problems. saying "never" and "always" is just asking for something different to come hurtuling at you 8) from what i hear, their great as lower speeds, and small crashes, but at higher speeds they tend to bend your frame.... granted, if you crash at a high speed, your frame is the least of your problems........

also, you may have to take your fairing off a bit to install them. tell the dealer mechanics if you DONT want your frame repaired. cosmetic damage usualy costs more than mechanical damage. :cry: sad fact of the repairing of anything on wheels. sure, let the mechs work on your bike, but make sure their not doing anything you could be doing for yourself. get a friend that knows wrenches to help you, and use some common sence, and usualy do it yourselfing doesnt turn out so bad.

good luck
faster than a quadriplegic racehorse!

Dirtytoes
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

dada

#34 Unread post by Dirtytoes »

archanis wrote:getting frame sliders wont fix all your problems. saying "never" and "always" is just asking for something different to come hurtuling at you 8) from what i hear, their great as lower speeds, and small crashes, but at higher speeds they tend to bend your frame.... granted, if you crash at a high speed, your frame is the least of your problems........

also, you may have to take your fairing off a bit to install them. tell the dealer mechanics if you DONT want your frame repaired. cosmetic damage usualy costs more than mechanical damage. :cry: sad fact of the repairing of anything on wheels. sure, let the mechs work on your bike, but make sure their not doing anything you could be doing for yourself. get a friend that knows wrenches to help you, and use some common sence, and usualy do it yourselfing doesnt turn out so bad.

good luck

unfortuanately i don't have any "Experienced" bike friends.....i only have 1 (biginner) who just bought a brand new R6s last week, told him it was too much but he woulnd't listen......but anyway, since i don't no any experienced bikers, my only other option is to take it to machanics and pay :(

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#35 Unread post by archanis »

im more talking about somebody that knows basic mechanics than an expert on bikes. but whatever works for you. whatever you do, i hope you have better luck than i do with my car :laughing: that litte hampster powered tin can just hates me
faster than a quadriplegic racehorse!

Dirtytoes
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

OMFG

#36 Unread post by Dirtytoes »

OMG
I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DEALER, THE COST IS $2200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

$800 for the side frame.....turns out front and sides are all connected (1 piece)....i know: *HOLY SHYT*

$1400 for muffler, clutch, brakes, frame, aand like 50 other stuff! ....i'm soooo screwed

Shiv
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#37 Unread post by Shiv »

Might be a while but you could probably get another used Ninja500 for that bit.
Have fun on the open /¦\

There's more to this site than just the message board.
www.totalmotorcycle.com

I know, I was surprised too.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#38 Unread post by Sev »

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.ca

If you're willing to take your time getting your parts you can probably get everything a lot cheaper.

You can also get some parts cheaply from a bike wreckers, lots of places buy up wrecks and sell out the good parts.

Additionally some scratches will give your bike character.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Dirtytoes
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#39 Unread post by Dirtytoes »

Sevulturus wrote:

Additionally some scratches will give your bike character.
i guess......but something thta i feel i "must" replace are the clutch (broken in half).....the side frame.....and everything that's wrong with the engine.........i.e.....i can leave the muffler which is like $400 by itself.