Ladies - Women's first bike choice

strtchick
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by strtchick »

I went this weekend to go check out bikes i got on an yamaha R6 and a 600RR i think i liked the R6 better at least the seat on it, it felt heavy a littl intimidating but they will lower the bike for me, so that my feet touch the ground and i wont have to tiptoe ya know, but i sure loved the feeling of the bike,
You only live once so enjoy life!

singinggum
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by singinggum »

I think you picked a GREAT bike with the R6. It's really light and you can get it lowered!! You are gonna have a ton of fun!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum

#13 Unread post by Skier »

Any recommendations for a standard or possibly a cruiser for my GF? She's thinking about getting into riding (and I'm helping ;) ). I suppose at the MSF course she'll see if the Rebel works for her. She has a 27" inseam and is 5'1", so small is good. :)
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#14 Unread post by High_Side »

It's difficult to find a begginer bike any better than a Honda VTR250.....and wouldl you look at that! I just happen to have one for sale...... :laughing:

PurpleRose
Rookie
Rookie

Getting ready to ride

#15 Unread post by PurpleRose »

In two weeks I'll be taking the MSF course. I've been looking at bikes for several weeks. One of the biggest concerns I have is the shifting, so I've been looking at a Yamaha Majesty which is a actually a scooter with a little power and it's an automatic.............then the other day I saw the V Star.......that looks pretty sweet.............it fits well.......whatever I buy, I don't want to out grow in just a few months.........any thoughts :)

strtchick
Rookie
Rookie

#16 Unread post by strtchick »

went shppoing again this weekend for bikes still looking since i dont want to finance, but then i am scared to buy from first party too because i wont be able to tell if the bikes been in an accident or been laid down since with a lil cosmetic you can make anything look new.
You only live once so enjoy life!

sleepychicken
Rookie
Rookie

#17 Unread post by sleepychicken »

My wife and I recently got a 250 Ninja and she loves it. She's 5'6" and can ride it and flat-foot it easily. She used to ride cruisers because that's what all of her family had, and she much prefers the little ninja. Here's my intro post with more of the info on our experience with the bike.

viewtopic.php?t=1296

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#18 Unread post by chickenhawk »

My first bike was a 74 Honda CB360. Great bike for my purpose, which was getting place to place in town. When things got a little hairy on the expressways later on, I went to a similar newer and bigger cc bike, the Honda Nighthawk (750cc). This bike has proven to be excellent all-around. It stands a little tall, but there are several options to lower it some- lower profile tires, shorter springs (or just adjust the existing ones if you just need a little lower), or a custom seat like a Corbin. The foam can be cut way down to get you closer to the ground. Or do what I did- just get used to tip-toeing (I'm 5'5").

If I had needed a bike for expressway use early on, I would've gone with at least a 500cc bike to start.

Linda

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

#19 Unread post by chickenhawk »

I almost forgot!

They only make this bike ina 125cc now, but you might find this used- Kawaski Eliminator in a 600cc. These bikes were the coolest! A low to the ground sort of cruiser-looking, but with drag bars and a cool factory flame job. They sold them in 96 when I bought my bike, but I'm not sure when they knocked them down to a 125.

Linda

chickenhawk
Veteran
Veteran

Has a bike been down?

#20 Unread post by chickenhawk »

Try checking the ends of the handle grips, the ends of the footpegs, look for scratches on the exhaust, scuffed front axle nuts, scuffed turn signal casing or the backs of the mirros. Most people won't fix this kind of stuff unless it's really bad.
Good luck shopping!
Linda