2005 V Star 650 Classic

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#11 Unread post by ZooTech »

Sevulturus wrote:It's a fairly well known fact now that I'm pretty small guy. 5'10" 120lbs or so.
Whoa, Dude, did you grow two inches in the last couple weeks? :shock: :wink:

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#12 Unread post by Sev »

Full out facer headed down the hill stretched my spine out to a full extension for the first time in years! Skiing for the win.

Sometimes we hit the wrong keys, relax.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Shenanigans7
Regular
Regular

#13 Unread post by Shenanigans7 »

Sevulturus wrote:It's a fairly well known fact now that I'm pretty small guy. 5'10" 120lbs or so.
...soaking wet maybe :wink: :laughing:
The early bird gets the worm...

But the second mouse gets the cheese

redbar1
Rookie
Rookie

V Star

#14 Unread post by redbar1 »

Social,

Did you get the V Star 650? I am a newbie in the Chicago area who just got his M class on the old DL. I like the looks of the V Star 650 Custom. I also like the Honda Shadow 600 VLX/DLX and the Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD models. Have you looked at them? I just cannot find used bikes of those models in my area. Where have you been looking?
Also, a friend who rides tells me that the Yamahas are very much under powered. However, he has been the only one to say so.

Redbar1

jfeaz
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by jfeaz »

i paid 5699 for a new 05 v-star classic.

it was actually a great dealer experience. i traveled to buy the bike, down to L.A. because i couldn't find a better price anywhere else.

i used http://www.otdcyclesports.com, which sends you an instant quote via e-mail on whatever model you want, then they refer you to a dealer in their network that has it in stock.

my entire trip to the dealer consisted of walking in, telling the guy who i was, and ringing up the bike. no pressure.

Canuckskie
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

650 V-star??

#16 Unread post by Canuckskie »

hey bud,
was thinking about getting a 650 v-star myself at first, as the biggest thing i'd ever rode was a 750 honda CD750, of course, a totally different bike.. ended up with an 1100 v-star, and absolutely love it, just loved the 650 v-star, a beautiful bike, absolutely nothing wrong with, just decided that i would outgrow it real soon, so went with the 1100,, either way, they're a great ride, you decide what you want and what you want to spend....
i think the v-star is a great bike, whether you choose the 650 or the 1100 think you can't go wrong, enjoy your choice.

ride on

mammy
Regular
Regular

#17 Unread post by mammy »

bein a newbie i couldn't justify buying a new bike to go out and have the chance of dumping it and havin to pay big bucks for a repair bill. I found my 650 vstar in chicago... it's awesome. it's a 99 has 21,650 miles on it, but is a beautiful bike and very well taken care of. I paid 3400 for it. But...... BUT.. has 2000 of extras on it that i would have had to put on myself if i had bought a stock bike. Im happy with my buy, as when i was reading reviews on the 650 vstar, i couldn't find one thing that was bad about them. i'll include a pic. http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4118c005 ... EBO.WsnzDn

there. she's in my garage, and ready to roll. And i don't have to worry about dinging up a new bike.[/url]
IT'S A WONDERFUL FEELING TO MAKE A LIFE DREAM COME TRUE.

Social Distortion
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 2004 triumph thruxton

#18 Unread post by Social Distortion »

hey everyone
thanks for the support and feedback.
I am looking @ a new 05, classic for about 4900 plus all the extra fees they charge ya.
Been looking @ the used bikes, but they all seem to float around 4200-4500. Some have extras and others are just stock.
Must be the going rate here in Chicago.
I'll still want to go to a dealership and ride a 650 Vs. and 1100, but as mentioned in so many strings, that the dealers wont let you test ride unless you are ready to buy that day.....so.....i'll just have to wait or keep looking for a good deal!
"Born to Lose and Destined to Fail"

mammy
Regular
Regular

#19 Unread post by mammy »

go sit on em.. if they fit, and the right bike will fit like a glove... then that is what u should get, starting out, i still wouldn't go bigger than i did.. a 650.. rideable for a year or 2, and then i can move up.
IT'S A WONDERFUL FEELING TO MAKE A LIFE DREAM COME TRUE.