Off Season

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Off Season

#1 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

Hello there ladies....it's the off season here in Wisconsin, still have feet of snow on the ground although the last few days it's been disappearing quickly.We've had some rain and some warm temps. :D

I'm assuming its off season for more of you too, as this forum has been pretty quiet, no big exciting news, or ride reports. What do you all do in the off season to pass time away til you can ride again?

I have been on a never ending quest to find good fitting riding gear for the upcoming season. I wear plus sizes so it has been tough, :frusty: but I know I'll find something.
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by Ladymx »

well usually myself I just keep riding as long as I can keep my hands warm. I stopped a week ago not because of the weather, but it was past time to rebuild the motor, so that is what I am doing. Cleaning the bike up and checking all the parts for excess wear as I wait for other parts to come in to change. All in all its a great way to pass time.

Loonette
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

Re: Off Season

#3 Unread post by Loonette »

SilveradoGirl wrote:What do you all do in the off season to pass time away til you can ride again?
I work, ride when and if I can (a winter average of one day out of 12 days), and this year I've had some tattoo work done that I've been wanting.
SilveradoGirl wrote:I wear plus sizes so it has been tough, :frusty: but I know I'll find something.
This is always difficult for me as well. Back in August, I finally found a nice leather jacket in Michigan (a place called Rocky's). I've managed okay with some of the Joe Rocket line, but their sizing chart is not very kind. There's a place online, but it's kind of pricey. Check it out though - they may have something you'd like. http://www.womanbiker.com/products.php3

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#4 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

I've managed okay with some of the Joe Rocket line, but their sizing chart is not very kind
I know just what you mean about that. My boyfriend usually wears an XL...he took a 3x in his Joe Rocket Jacket. I did however order myself a Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 jacket today....I am hoping it fits all right, if not, I know the guy I ordered it from at least. I know he won't give me a hard time if I need to exchange it.

It was a good day today, I ordered a new Jacket, helmet and gloves!!!! Now I just need all this snow to GO AWAY!! :frusty:
SilveradoGirl--

mammy
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by mammy »

HEY GUYS........HI SILVERADO....... OMG.......I TOOK MY BIKE OUT YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME...... WHAT A THRILL... now i can start my first riding season... cuz i really haven't had an "off season" yet.. this is my first year with a bike........ im gonna love it..
IT'S A WONDERFUL FEELING TO MAKE A LIFE DREAM COME TRUE.

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

Congratulations Mammy!!!! :kicking: :clapping:

I really wanted to get out too, we had 2 nice days, but I just knew this stupid snow storm was coming that we got today...so the battery remains in the basement. :cry:
SilveradoGirl--

Sherry UltraGirl
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by Sherry UltraGirl »

Another WI gal here (west) Just found this forum, might be an interesting place to frequent. Anything exciting ever happen here SilveradoGirl?

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

Anything exciting ever happen here SilveradoGirl?
Sure, we have some interesting conversations now and then...I also browse through the other forums...it's a nice place to talk bikes, and get good advice from people who understand and have been there.....not people who think your gonna kill yourself cuz you ride a bike. It's a refreshing place.
SilveradoGirl--