Female bikers ride the open road in style

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#21 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Loonette wrote:
Lion_Lady wrote:I'd like to see an article about a road trip that features a woman's point of view, not what some writer THINKS the public wants to read about.

P
So looking good on our bikes is fine, but what else is goin' on in there? Nobody seems to ask those questions in these cute little articles.

Cheers,
Loonette
Probably because the ones they write about don't have anything else. We, on the other hand have plenty going on, but since we don't have 82 coordinating bandanas to go with our colour coordinated leathers and helmets, the shallow folks are not interested.

(It's just an observation from reading all the local daily papers. There seems to be so much more interest in Britney's marriage woes than say, oh the state of the world and all it's woes)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

QuietMonkey wrote:Well, looks like Mike caught a little flak for posting that one :D If one goes looking for the junk, one will surely find it. Mike found it and so have the rest of us now.
Oh, I don't mind a little bit o' flak as I enjoy sharing anything of interest I find for others to comment about. It makes the day interesting :D

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#23 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Loonette wrote: I plan on doing a cross-country trip in the summer of '08. I'll be 40 years old that January...
Sounds like a great idea - a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, motherhood, freedom, etc... recently I've been trying get some motivation and plan ahead a little... it always helps to find a little inspiration in other peoples plans. Everyone can learn and share stuff. A guy I work with has recently decided to buy his first bike, and he's been telling his friends that it was from listening to some of my stories, etc... talking about it reminded him it was one of his forgotten ideas and it was time to go for it... it just took that extra little bit of encouragement to get him on it. He's ordered his bike, set up for a riding course, picked up most of the riding gear and is just waiting for his new bike to arrive. As well my ex-room-mate has been inquiring more into bikes everytime we chat, and originally when we lived together he was not that hip to the bike scene... but when he's not busy looking after his daughters we hook up for coffee and his interest is piqued and he wonders again if a bike could fit his lifestyle.

Bikes are very contagious and men and women sharing stories always gets more people interested and involved in riding. Even if some stories are a little silly, we're alway laughing at ourselves anyway, so if a woman wants to wear pink pants, then as Kal mentioned, that's there choice and all the power to them, if it makes them feel good. As long as I get to laugh at them, and of course I don't mind them laughing at me either.
Loonette wrote:My kids are still young, but they'll all just have to manage. :wink: I also plan to keep a journal.... I'll somehow share the story...

So looking good on our bikes is fine, but what else is goin' on in there? Nobody seems to ask those questions in these cute little articles.
The journal idea is fun just for a keepsake and perhaps something more. i think having kids to bring along would be even cooler, but that's just me... being a family of "Bike Gypsies" would be so awesome. (scanning the horizon for a wife... :lol: desert :D giggle) maybe if i were married i could plan ahead a little better. yep. that'd really work well for me. funny how putting the most important piece in place in ones life (well, mine at least) sometimes takes the longest. it doesnt feel like its last on the list, but somehow it got shuffled back a bit more than expected. oops!

Oh yeah, the bit about NOBODY SEEMS TO ASK THOSE QUESTIONS is one reason that certain stories are so dull. I always love to ask people about the WHYS and HOWS of there trips... the stories are a lot more fun that just the WHERE and WHEN stuff. curious monkey. Id really like to live on the road for 6 months or a year.. or a few three month stints in different cities, travelling, exploring, and just riding. You can see so much more on a bike. I always feel more connected to a place when on a motorcycle, bicycling or walking. i just need to get things prep'd... i really risked too much these last few years learning about another more artistic side of my self... now i need to go back to the old style me with a few improvements and keep along that learning curve.. travel travel travel... or at least ride ride ride for now!

//monkey
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)