People messing with your bike?

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by zarakand »

Never had this problem, and wasn't to concerned with it on my college campus. On the other hand, I'm very nervous about riding the bike to the different high schools I'm at this quarter. For some reason I just see them knocking it over, jumping on it, and doing all sorts of things that would cause me to :shooting2: So for now I'm taking the cage.
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#12 Unread post by Wizzard »

Messing with my scoot , in all actuality ,will get you shot .
Regards, Wizzard
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

icariz83
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by icariz83 »

Something I am worried about but there's really no guarantee that it won't happen. I just try to never park my bike in public for an extended amount of time among other things.

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#14 Unread post by camthepyro »

I just park near the rear of lots, so people have to go out of their way if they want to mess with it. Most people are lazy, so they won't go through the trouble of it.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#15 Unread post by dieziege »

I usually park my car the same way... back corner as far from anyone as I can get. Yet about a month ago I came out to find someone had thrown an ice cream cone at my car. Tthere was a smear of melted ice cream down the side and the cone lying next to the tire... people do that BS no matter what.

I figure they'll do the same with the bike. :evil:
Ride it like you think owning it matters.

thebighop
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: 1999 Royal Star Venture w/113,000miles

#16 Unread post by thebighop »

Amoung bikers, it's like a code that you don't mess with other peoples bikes. You never touch or sit on another bikers bike, without asking first. Only the uninformed and a fool would even think about messing with someone elses bike.
Most anyone that knows me, knows that they aren't allowed to just walk up and sit on my bike...no touchie, no sitty.
"It ain't easy being me!"

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#17 Unread post by ofblong »

do those lock things even work? I havent seen a car lock I cant get into within 30 seconds (meaning the ones that go on the steering wheel). I know a guy I work with that can get into a locked car and have it started in the time it takes me to get one of those steering wheel locks off. Then again we have had to go "pick" someones car so they could get into it lol (only people we know never a stranger).
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by roscowgo »

I had a dirtbike stolen once... cops never even bothered to show up.

Nobody has messed with my katana yet. If they do.... well there's a reason why i own a rifle with a bayonet. :twisted:

thebighop
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: 1999 Royal Star Venture w/113,000miles

#19 Unread post by thebighop »

ofblong wrote:do those lock things even work? I havent seen a car lock I cant get into within 30 seconds (meaning the ones that go on the steering wheel). I know a guy I work with that can get into a locked car and have it started in the time it takes me to get one of those steering wheel locks off. Then again we have had to go "pick" someones car so they could get into it lol (only people we know never a stranger).
Well, that's why I got one of them pocket sized anti-theft devices :shooting:
I gotta remember not to park in your hood :humm:
"It ain't easy being me!"

biker_rach
Veteran
Veteran

#20 Unread post by biker_rach »

TeamONEinc wrote:If you have an underground parking complex as well as another vehicle, I would just park my bike behind my cage every night (between the wall and the car).
I'm in that situation... but how could you jam a bike in good enough so that someone could shimmy it outta there in a minute or two of crafty manuevering?
I could have alarms with remotes and cameras and chain the bike to something AND park between the car and wall and I will never feel completely at ease that it's down there... allllll alone... *tear*