Any girls here ride Kawi Ninja 250's?

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

Any girls here ride Kawi Ninja 250's?

#1 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

I just got one and it fits me good, (im 6'2" 240lbs) but it seemed awful big for my girlfriend. i think they have lowering links that can be used to adjust the height. but since most dealers i talked to try to make the 250 sound like a "chic bike" i wondered how people under 6' handled it?

if you want to see pics of me on it, check out my blog here at Total Motorcycle.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by KarateChick »

I have the 06 ninja having just sold the 01 I owned for a year. An acquaintance bought it and she's about 5'6, maybe 125 lbs. I'm 5'3 and 110, same as the girl I bought the 01 from. Girl at work is 5'1, 100 lbs and just sold her 04 ninja.

Don't worry about what others think of your appearance, your bike, your helmet...whatever! Ride your own ride and enjoy it, have fun and be safe. You're out to enjoy m-c, not hurt yourself. If that dealer thinks the ninja is a girl ride, well goody for him and who the heck cares. I'm happy you have a ride YOU are comfy with.

SuperRookie
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2004 Ducati 620ie

#3 Unread post by SuperRookie »

Also, for those riders who are 'altitudinally challenged', don't forget, lowering a bike will alter the steering. Better to shave the seat instead.
"Not just your 'ordinary' Rookie..."

mahgnillig
Rookie
Rookie

Ninja 250

#4 Unread post by mahgnillig »

I ride a 2003 Ninja 250... I'm 5'3" and can easily put both feet flat on the ground when I'm at a stop. I bought the bike from a friend at work who is shorter than me, so I knew it'd fit well.

bok
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#5 Unread post by bok »

i bought an older ninja for my fiance, you can see pics of her on it in the Flickr group in my sig below...she is about 5'6" and it fits her fine and if i ride it, it's decent as well.
[url=http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com]Best Motorcycle School[/url]
[url=http://flickr.com/groups/tmw/]Post your Pics[/url]
[url=http://www.californiabikenights.com/learn/]Learn to Ride[/url]

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#6 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Oh man, you people are lucky. I wish I could fit on a Ninja 250 comfortably, I'd probably have one by now. :|
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#7 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

geoff, why would you not fit? are you SUPER tall? i'm 6'2" and i fit comfortably. im a little suprised to hear the some of shorter people can flat foot it though. im not saying i dont believe you, but my g/f had a little trouble flatfooting with both feet.

i love my little ninja, its way faster then i thought it would be, and i think overall its not a bad looking bike. great first bike, i'll probably hold onto it for a while. this was the first vehicle i ever got to buy out of a showroom with .6 miles on the odometer and i love that feeling of knowing every mile put on it is mine.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

HandsomeRyan wrote:geoff, why would you not fit? are you SUPER tall? i'm 6'2" and i fit comfortably. im a little suprised to hear the some of shorter people can flat foot it though. im not saying i dont believe you, but my g/f had a little trouble flatfooting with both feet.

i love my little ninja, its way faster then i thought it would be, and i think overall its not a bad looking bike. great first bike, i'll probably hold onto it for a while. this was the first vehicle i ever got to buy out of a showroom with .6 miles on the odometer and i love that feeling of knowing every mile put on it is mine.
I just feel really cramped. I feel too close to the bars, my legs get uncomfortable, and honestly, it's so small, i feel like I'm going to break it. I'm only 5' 11" but 250 lbs.

mahgnillig
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by mahgnillig »

HandsomeRyan wrote: im a little suprised to hear the some of shorter people can flat foot it though. im not saying i dont believe you, but my g/f had a little trouble flatfooting with both feet.
GeoffXR200R wrote:I just feel really cramped. I feel too close to the bars, my legs get uncomfortable, and honestly, it's so small, i feel like I'm going to break it. I'm only 5' 11" but 250 lbs.
It has more to do with your inseam than your height. At 5'3", I have a 31" inseam (inseam measurement, not pants size), but a really short torso. My 6' even hubby also has a 31" inseam, but feels cramped on my Ninja because he has a long torso (he is also 250lbs).

- Jen.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

I guess i got a long torso. All my jackets and work shirts (basically, anything with long sleeves or buttons) gotta be talls. Pants are a tad short, my inseam (just to my ankle) is 29", so ~31-32" to the ground.